New Girl: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 03, 2017

Zooey Descehanel's charm and luster are undeniably the force carrying the early seasons.

• Nov 03, 2016

I love new girl always a way to make me laugh

I love new girl always a way to make me laugh

• Feb 28, 2016

New Girl is funny, cute, and overall one of the bigger disappointments in TV in past years. With all the hype and positive reviews, people were led to believe we had a new HIMYM or Friends sitcom, but New Girl does not quite reach those heights. Deschanel shows why she is so charming (and annoying) to fans and every character has their moments of slapstick mixed with head-scratching lines. I hear the show improves in later seasons, but Season 1 was a promising but mixed bag.

• Oct 12, 2015

Zooey Deschanel is both intriguing and exciting. She makes this show.

Zooey Deschanel is both intriguing and exciting. She makes this show.

• Jan 06, 2015

The writing and the acting for this show is so overwhelmingly fantastic. The plots and the characters have me completely addicted. I'm in love.

• Oct 07, 2014

The show started out with charm and promise, mainly due to the charm provide by Zooey Deschanel. But the changing of the cast and the simple minded jokes quickly got old. They lost me after a handful of episodes.

• Jun 07, 2014

Strong performances from Zooey Deschanel and Max Greenfield (as well as relatable characters) help move the show along, but New Girl's first season fails to hit the best notes.

• May 05, 2014

Zooey Deschanel's show New Girl is the funniest thing on television today, period. I watched this show from the pilot, and after the first five episodes, I had just about given up all hope on it. Luckily, the characters settled into there personalities and the writing improved significantly, leading to some of the best episodes of the series (Fancyman). Zooey Deschanel also toned down her quirkiness, which was originally at preposterous levels, leaving her as offbeat as ever, but not unbearably annoying. I have to count some points off for the first few episodes, but overall, this is a great season of laugh out loud television.

• Apr 19, 2014

The series brings nothing new to the genre, but Zooey Deschanel shows a sympathetic character.

• Apr 04, 2014

Watched the whole first season. The show can be funny, but also sentimental and heartwarming when it wants to be. The characters are likeable and the cast is perfect. The stories lack hooza, but the cast is able to make up for that with some pretty witty dialogue. The show is charming, funny, and just overall enjoyable. We have a hit here! Plus, I'm having fun with the underlining Nick and Jess flirtation that is presented in the first few episodes. A-