Orphan Black: Season 1 Reviews

• Mar 14, 2019

This is a great show; I haven't seen later seasons yet, but the first season was incredible.

• Jan 20, 2019

If you can get over all the annoying SJW elements this shows has (it's BBC, after all), it can feel a bit cheap at times, but is a fun watch, overall.

• Jan 15, 2019

i really like this movie.

i really like this movie.

• Feb 23, 2018

BBC creates a fascinating new series in the tradition of Logan’s Run Newcomer Tatiana Maslany gives a tremendous performance given the task of playing multiple characters The show opens with a young woman named Sarah, she’s a street hustler who lives with her foster brother She’s also disassociated with her daughter due to her drug problem One day at the subway she sees a woman who looks exactly like her commit suicide, after taking her belongings she finds out this woman had several identities Sarah then tries to piece together the mystery of a shooting while also keeping the police in the wind Someone might actually be killing people like her off and might have some religious context behind it There’s also a mysterious man named Thomas who’s somehow involved A genetics company called Neolution comes into the mix the finale is so surprising with new developments and bigger challenges This truly is a suspenseful, intense nail-biter of a British tv program with great twists and turns and a knockout performance from one leading woman playing so many faces there's also deep analyses about genetic modification, science, nature vs nurture, and identity crisis a very well done first season I'm addicted and interested to see how much further they go :)

• Dec 07, 2017

This show is absolutely phenomenal - it's gets complex in Season 3, but not too unwieldy. I'm a big fan!!

• Jul 29, 2017

Never heard of this show and just got tired of watching the same ole shit so I found Orphan Black and I Love it ! Great story line and addictive to watch. Its different from other shows I've watched so I rate it 5 stars

• Nov 07, 2016

i decided to take a quick peak after hearing some good reviews, and was mesmerized by Maslany's work, and totally hooked. watched the entire season within a couple of days. amazing!

• Aug 07, 2016

Tatiana Maslany is the best actress on screen! Her talent is almost godlike in her ability to portray multiple characters and make you forget the same person is playing them.

• Jun 18, 2016

Terrible! Stupid story and horrible "acting". I got as far as the 4th episode of season 1. No more.

• May 29, 2016

Orphan Black is a sci-fi thriller with an horizontal plot mysterious enough to grab the audience interest. The leading actress, Tatiana Maslany, does a terrific job and so does her (almost comedy) sidekick, Jordan Gavaris. The show is well crafted with great recognizable soundtraks. Overall the suspense, the drama and the action are softened by some funny and smart moments creating a balanced and enjoyable show.