PEN15: Season 1 Reviews

• Aug 27, 2019

Humor of watching girls that are supposed to be in the 7th grade doing drugs, and trying to have sex where is the humor in that. Then people wonder why little girls are getting pregnant at early ages then get bashed for it, when shows like this corrupt minds. Being that young going through this is supposed to be a self experience not something you learned from tv. If this show has such high ratings most of them are probably pedophiles getting off.

• Jul 30, 2019

I graduated from middle school only 5 years ago, yet this show makes me feel as if I have been transported back in those brutal hallways or in my bedroom with my best friend. One of my favorite shows ever. No matter how much we refuse to acknowledge it, middle school itself is R-rated. This shines a light on that in a humorous yet understanding way. While fads, technology, and pop-culture are ever-changing, the cringe worthy experiences of middle schoolers are not.

• May 19, 2019

As someone who attended middle school from 97-2000 this is the most amazing and relatable show ever. I love it.

• May 07, 2019

For a Hulu original, it's pretty good. It really feels like some awkward middle school in the year 2000. My biggest complaint is that the two main characters.... look out of place. The actresses are both 32, and god does it show. That's not to discredit them, they are good actresses and lovely. But they are NOT 13. And they don't look 13. It feels creepy to see two very obviously 32 year old women, crush on actual 13 year old boys and talk about their binded breasts. Why couldn't they get actual kids to play these roles? They got actual kids for the rest of the school. I just don't get it. It really ruins some of the jokes and moments.

• May 07, 2019

Yup it's gooood

Yup it's gooood

• Apr 26, 2019

Best show of ever. Seriously.

Best show of ever. Seriously.

• Apr 26, 2019

Absolutely incredible show! The most accurate retelling of the female middle school experience I've ever seen. They manage to poke fun at the ridiculousness of being a teenage girl without tearing down what it means to be one. Their friendship is ridiculous and annoying and funny and overdramatic, but they manage to capture the absolute beauty of it all the same. Wonderful storytelling and acting from Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle. It was an incredibly nostalgic show for me.

• Apr 04, 2019

The references down to the tiny little responses from the girls are SO SPOT ON. Me and my 7th grade bff haven���������t spoken in prob 10 years and we have been texting about the show!!

• Apr 03, 2019

Original and very funny. I think most girls can relate to those characters and guys to some of the male non leads too...

• Apr 02, 2019

This show brings me back to growing up in the 90s and all the crap you had to deal with. Super funny and well written show.