Penny Dreadful: Season 2 Reviews

• Oct 15, 2019

Complicated, intense and insanely scary. Incredibly good acting and a compelling story line. So glad I chose this for my Halloween watch this year!

• Apr 25, 2019

Wow, this show deserves all the nominations it never got and then some. Eva Green is just exquisite.

• Oct 31, 2018

Eva Green stands out is this seasons presentation, in a show that sets the standard for Gothic Horror powerful and compelling viewing.

• May 23, 2018

First two episodes were meh, the third was just abhorent.

First two episodes were meh, the third was just abhorent.

• Oct 07, 2017

An improvement on the first season with great acting,superb visuals and scary vampires.

• Aug 01, 2017

High water mark of the show...best big bad and only slightly disjointed

High water mark of the show...best big bad and only slightly disjointed

• May 08, 2017

This is the show American Horror Story was trying to be, but failed horribly. Top notch acting by ALL the actors, top notch writing, top notch direction, scenery and costumes; the only bad thing about this series is that it's over after season 3!

• Jan 29, 2017

Season 2 ep depicts a woman placing a "demonic" or "anticross" on her forehead, so far this is my only problem as it isn't a proper satanic cross as I feel it is meant to be.

• Jan 05, 2017

Thee second season of 'Penny Dreadful' feels more fulfilled purpose-wise and in execution. The story threads and more linear and clear, and this season's character arcs take the viewer to visit a wider variety of places and meet interesting new characters that leave a lasting impression. It's hard to fault the series for its flaws given how much it gets right and how deeply it makes us root for its characters/

• Nov 25, 2016

More of the same... the season was moderately enjoyable early on but by the end was getting pretty repetitive and predictable... which equals boring. First episode of season 3 was the end of the road for Penny Dreadful for me. It started off fresh but ended up a rotted corpse I just don't care about.