Ripper Street: Season 5 Reviews

• May 24, 2021

I'm really surprised it got such high ratings. It went way downhill from earlier seasons. It all felt very contrived and I'm very happy it's over. A huge letdown considering how great the show started. It turned into a soap opera and departed rather far from its roots as a show centered on investigations. The entire season centered around one as opposed to each episode covering a single investigation and the "outlaws" being pursued. I was disappointed to say the least. Sure, the original elements and parts were there but they failed to ignite.

• May 17, 2020

Short of Reed's wife's casting and her subpar everything, it's a great show!

Short of Reed's wife's casting and her subpar everything, it's a great show!

• Nov 05, 2019

Excellent period drama

Excellent period drama

• Apr 08, 2019

That is a kick as show

That is a kick as show

• Dec 30, 2017

what a great gritty series never goes where you think it will go sorry to see it end