Samurai Jack: Season 5 Reviews

• Nov 05, 2018

Oh boy, where to start. I'm hard on you because I love you, Jack. This season started off great. Couldn't be better. I was on the edge of my seat. Then Episode's 9 and 10 happened. The one thing this show could not screw up. The ending and Jack returning to the past. The final battle with Aku is brief and underwhelming. It felt rushed and winning through the 'power of love' was as cliche and cringey. First 8 episodes, loved it, 5 stars. Just couldn't stick that landing.

• Oct 11, 2018

The beautifully animated series takes a huge turn from the first couple of seasons, turning into a dark, bloody, story-driven tale... And does it for the (much, much) better.

• Oct 03, 2018

a great sense of growth was given to jack, you feel his anger and his hapiness.

a great sense of growth was given to jack, you feel his anger and his hapiness.

• Jul 24, 2018

An absolutely phenomenal season. So beautifully crafted and executed.

An absolutely phenomenal season. So beautifully crafted and executed.

• May 27, 2018

After all those years, this fifth season is a magnificent conclusion to the series. I even hope it would come back for more, as this season just blows everything, with the scripts, animation, and overall quality.

• May 05, 2018

Absolutely amazing final season, only thing that that was a letdown was the fact that we never got to see an epic final battle with the Gate Keeper, also the final battle with Aku felt rushed. They should of made it an hour long. Other than that it's an easy 5 Stars.

• Jan 21, 2018

Dark and mature, Samurai Jack is not only the best season so far, but is the best piece of adult animation ever made.

• Jan 08, 2018

Best animation movie/series I've witnessed in my lifetime!!!

Best animation movie/series I've witnessed in my lifetime!!!

• Sep 20, 2017

Wow... just wow. We don't get to see our childhood stories come back much. Let alone, grow up in a manner that makes them beloved all anew. Season 5 of Samurai Jack... I'm kinda speechless. Great animation. Fantastic writing and voice acting. That plot... that finish! I'm glad I bought it 'cuz I want my money to support this kind of wonderful storytelling. To those who made this season possible via your work, effort, and heart, thank you. I'm going to go contemplate life for a bit now...

• Sep 16, 2017

Season 5 starts out by giving you the Jack you've always wanted: one tortured by his inability to get home to his family or fulfil his purpose, constantly hounded to the point of exhaustion by Aku's minions and unable to protect so many innocent people. After 50 ageless years, he is mentally broken and without his sword, resorting to eclectic Mad Max-style combat and for once fighting flesh and blood fighters whose violent deaths further lead to a psychological schism in his weakening psyche. Season 5 also offers what the other seasons did not: a sequential story line. Unfortunately, the creators were clearly in too much of a rush to end the series and after a mere 4 episodes of awesomeness resort to the "same old Jack" who magically reappears and sugar coats the remaining few episodes of the series completely softening the gritty, agro and violent samurai you were waiting for for 4 long seasons of perpetual kiddishness. Good start, failed finish.