SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 8 Reviews

• Jan 13, 2019

While an improvement over the last season with enjoyable episodes such as a series of vacation-themed episodes and a stop-motion Christmas episode that's a nice throwback to the Rankin/Bass specials of the '60s but there's no denying how some of the mean-spiritedness still remains making one wonder why we shouldn't just root for Plankton instead whilst there's also a bit of nostalgia pandering (hey, remember Bubble Buddy?). At least by this point, it would only be a matter of time before Stephen Hillenburg stepped in to save the day before he eventually died last November at the time I'm writing this review.

• Oct 16, 2018

We got some good episodes from this season. This was definitely the beginning of seasonal rebirth for the show. However, we still got major stinkers like the ones in seasons 6 and 7 as well. This was just when the post-movie writers got the swing of things (Stephen Hillingburg commented on episodes for seasons 4 and 5 so those don't count).