Taboo: Season 1 Reviews

• Apr 19, 2019

Tom Hardy is in full swing showing the extent of his acting with Taboo. One of the best tv series ever, but with a storyline not for the faint hearted or simple minds. Taboo is a series like no other has been well thought and clearly displays a lot of skill behind its complexity.

• Feb 26, 2019

Too long, unoriginal, simplistic dialogues. Watchable.

Too long, unoriginal, simplistic dialogues. Watchable.

• Feb 18, 2019

Love this show. Awesome performance by Tim hardy. Sexy grunts sexy walk and awesome plots. The actors are great and makes you feel like you�����������re in the time period. Love love love. I totally recommend wayching

• Feb 14, 2019

OMG! How this only has a 77% rating is beyond me! I LOVE this show! Aside from how much I personally feel that Tom Hardy is an incredible actor, with an unbelievable range - he is phenomenal in this show (that I believe he produced with his father).... I also happen to love period pieces, and this puts such a wicked spin on the usual in this genre, that I have been & am still waiting for it to come back for a 2nd season (which I believe has been announced - at almost 2 yrs later!). Initially I believe the substandard critic reviews, at the time it came out, had Tom thinking it wasn't worth the time or money to continue, after the 1st season on the FX Network, BUT THEN the audience caught on after the fact - and became hooked just as I did, from the start... It is an intelligent, emotional whirlwind, and absolutely not for the faint of heart! It is quite dark, but quite a smart and twisted storyline - that you really have to follow from the beginning... then sucks you right into the plot - with its bent (& honestly, pretty sick - in a good AND bad way) undertones... The whole sister thing makes me want to gag, but all the same, piques your interest into wondering where else it could possibly go from here! The back story of how he came to be who he is, is unlike ANYTHING you have ever seen before & I am just dying to see where else it leads us from here! I am soooooo thrilled that he (& the network) decided to bring it back again for another season - and hopefully MANY MORE to come! KUDOS to you Tom Hardy! I am certainly waiting with bated breath for it to pick up where it left off - with us all hanging and wanting MORE....

• Jan 06, 2019

Every episode I watched I wanted more... This was a very original work that deserves credit for its grittiness, attention to details, and hard-hitting characters and story. I very much enjoyed TABOO and wish there was a continuation... I actually joined ROTTEN TOMATOES to rate this show.

• Dec 24, 2018

Taboo gets under your skin slowly, painfully, preparing you for a rewarding climax. Hardy delivers and the director keeps you frosty with excellent visuals. Its been months and i'm still thinking of it!

• Nov 15, 2018

very well made. tom hardy is a beast. not the most exciting show and a little weird at times but an enjoyable experience (1 viewing)

• Nov 03, 2018

despite Oona Chaplin's awful performance this is so worth it! Tom Hardy is incredible and the story is fantastic

• Oct 11, 2018

Extremely slow start, but gets better with each episode

Extremely slow start, but gets better with each episode

• Oct 05, 2018

A satisfying and dark series in which Tom Hardy can be his simple bad ass self. The end of the season can be a little confusing to how everything is unfolding sadly.. but the plot is very straight forward up until that point. There is much anticipation for what will come in season 2! Great cast alongside Hardy. That voice is top notch!