The Killing: Season 1 Reviews

• Jul 25, 2019

THE KILLING left me breathless after I watched all four seasons . Based in Seattle, the series revolves around Detectives Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) , two police officers with personal baggage. They are driven and obsessed when confronted with ugly, dark crimes.The production is nearly flawless. Everything from the haunting background music to the use of weather as metaphor is perfection. The acting is superb. The topics are timely and relevant. This is nitty gritty policework performed by many flawed characters. It makes you wallow in the mud with the characters, encouraging you to feel all the frustration and confusion that they feel. The stories are so complex that I had to pay close attention. I was emotionally exhausted by the end. I highly recommend it.

• Apr 10, 2019

This is one of the great shows no one has ever heard of. Brilliant and amazing.

This is one of the great shows no one has ever heard of. Brilliant and amazing.

• Dec 27, 2018

The Killing season 1 immediately hooked me in, through good acting and thrilling scenes. The eerie gruesome plot was very interesting to follow and the characters pulled it together, The only problem was continuously falling back to square 1, again and again after crossing off each suspect. The season finale was slightly disappointing, but if you continue with season 2 it completely makes up for it. Overall a great show if you can stand a slow build up.

• Oct 09, 2018

This season, it's the best of the four. I cried, I got frustrated, it left me in shock, I cried again, it was sad. It has an unexpected ending. You have to see it. I became obsessed with the series. I thought about it during the day. I longed to get home to see it. It's a serie that makes you doubt everyone.

• Jun 14, 2018

Attention grabbing show, incredible suspense in a dark world masterfully crafted with excellent writing and acting.

• Mar 28, 2018

Exquisita. El ritmo que maneja te mantiene atrapado.

Exquisita. El ritmo que maneja te mantiene atrapado.

• Feb 16, 2018

This is definitely a slow burner! I gave it the benefit of the doubt to start with, and stayed the course. However I felt it lacking in emotional connection for me. Definitely a lot of great production went into this, but I felt, overall, it was lacking in though-provoking and believable dialogue. The writing was not my 'cup of tea'. Harsh rating, but just felt myself scrubbing through the family moments as they felt a bit disingenuous.

• Jan 14, 2018

Such a dark but addictive series demonstrating the destructive effects of a murder on a community, family, and individuals in contact with the murdered girl.

• Dec 30, 2017

Season 1 great. On to season 2 with high hopes.

Season 1 great. On to season 2 with high hopes.

• Dec 16, 2017

I couldn't stop watching. Very good show....keeps you guessing!

I couldn't stop watching. Very good show....keeps you guessing!