The White Queen: Season 1 Reviews

• Jul 11, 2020

Strong performances by the cast help to strengthen what occasionally becomes a courtroom soap opera.

• Jan 09, 2020

I just watched the first episode and enjoyed the acting, the set, and the story line.

• Feb 04, 2019

Great reenactments of a turbulent real story in england. Gripping and totally worthy of the series treatment.

• May 04, 2018

I loved this show and the actors were perfectly cast.

I loved this show and the actors were perfectly cast.

• Apr 07, 2018

Good stuff. But if watching this as a binge you'll notice a couple of themes that become repetitive: Who'll marry whom and the transactional value of women by contractual marriages, that and their schemes to manipulate their lot ... rinse & repeat, etc. However strong performances from a good cast keep it watchable. Of interest, Tom Cruise said this is where he found Rebecca Ferguson for "MI: Rogue" - where she almost stole the show and will be back for "MI: Fallout" (2018). Of add'l interest is "Poldark's" Eleanor Tomlinson, or Demelza; she's here, too! | ~ Norm de Guerre

• Sep 15, 2017

The British always do it better! This pretty and complex series is a great way to learn about the history of the War of the Roses and see how the desire for the crown of England was a ticket to war and death. The acting is superb, the costumes are stunning and the storyline is all true!! Each episode is quite intense and engrossing. The actors play their characters with great skill and banter with rich dialogue. We can really feel the variety of emotions as if we were transported back in time. This series offers a great perspective about live in medieval times and the relationships among royal families. The partnership with BBC definitely elevated the program to a higher level. So much better than any made-up novels or fantasy tales. Absolutely truth is stranger than fiction--so enjoy, be entertained, and educated!

• Aug 20, 2016

Great historical drama, with a brilliant performance by Rebecca Ferguson. Very tempered story telling, dramatic but not over the top as in others similar to its kind.

• May 25, 2016

I'm two episodes in, and I'm enjoying all the intrigue! Fun show!

I'm two episodes in, and I'm enjoying all the intrigue! Fun show!

• Feb 27, 2016

Comprima si schimba istoria dar Ferguson si alti cativa actori sunt foarte buni

Comprima si schimba istoria dar Ferguson si alti cativa actori sunt foarte buni

• Feb 17, 2016

I absolutely loved this mini-series. Gorgeous costumes, realistic scenery, intrigue, treachery, lies, unexpected twists and a torrid love story. Seriously, what more could you ask for?