The Bay: Season 2 Reviews

• Apr 07, 2021

As a crime series, this disappoints. There seems to be more focus on the drama and life of the main characters, at the cost of a good crime plot. The investigation grows stale with many dead leads, and when the case is finally solved in the last episode, it feels like a cheap solution that is completely unrelated to most of the investigation.

• Mar 29, 2021

Having watched the brilliant MARCELLA crime series and the equally powerful UNFORGOTTEN I found The Bay - series 2 a plodding, rather dull comparison. Much weaker writing and predictable and slow directing left me impatient for something dynamic or edgy to happen. Well, that moment never arrived. By episode 4 I lost interest in who killed the character dispatched within minutes of episode 1. A note on the acting, it came across as acting. Shame.

• Feb 07, 2021

Enjoyed season 1, this was really hard work, most of the time forgot it was a crime series with murders, Perhaps trying to be different & create atmosphere but slow mo, moody, music got boring after a while.