The Politician: Season 1 Reviews

• 2d ago

Well written outlandish comedy of mega cynical dialogues are without any bridge transform into most heartfelt sincere and serious tearjerkers of monologues by the same characters which are in turn transform to well done musical numbers. While all of those ingredients are well cooked - complete lack of blending between those genres is bound to through you off . Bottom line: I don't think there is anything like this out there which makes it worth trying.

• 3d ago

Refreshingly different. I stayed engaged to binge all the shows in one night. Terrific actors.

• 6d ago

If there was ever a show that had a personality, it's Ryan Murphy's The Politician, and that's usually a good thing.

• Jun 27, 2020

Unwatchable. A real stinker. No idea what they were thinking. This makes absolutely no sense. The main characters are supposed to be 18, but look and act like they are 40. It just makes one mind wonder why would anyone want to make this. Do not waste your time. Even if your under quarantine and have nothing to do, just stare at the wall, that's better than watching this.

• Jun 26, 2020

Overall, I found this show sumptuously entertaining in a decidedly adolescent sort of way. Its melodrama was entertaining, if a bit over-the-top at times, and the setting played well to the semi-satirical nature of the season. However, the show definitely played like a show meant for young-adults--melodramatic, overly stylized, and definitely over-the-top. I found it entertaining, with some genuine feelings of sadness in certain spots and genuine laughter in others, but overall it felt a bit too over the top for me to fully enjoy. I also felt that the tone of the whole season was all over the place. Overall, the first season was enjoyable, but I can't imagine it working out for the second season--the melodrama seems a bit too juvenile for adult politics it seems to me, I doubt it will translate well.

• Jun 23, 2020

Funny and authentic. Oscar-winner cast with a very talented musician. The Politician is a must-see

• Jun 20, 2020

Season 2!!! The cast!!! Brilliant satire

Season 2!!! The cast!!! Brilliant satire

• Jun 20, 2020

Anyone who a young and likes the idea of running for public office or has an interest in public office will like this.

• Jun 19, 2020

As someone who can be pretty pretentious and picky when rating movies and television, I honestly do not understand the critical take on this show. Great season, love the characters, love the direction. It's not top tier but it's a lot of fun and it easily deserves a 3-4 stars out of 5.

• Jun 18, 2020

Each episodes keeps you entertained and on your feet with some great acting and characters. Though perhaps a little unrealistic at times it's a lot of fun.