The Politician: Season 2 Reviews

• Aug 03, 2022

the life lessons are so on point.. the speeches are so heartwarming, they made you understand the basics of every word Payton said, the journey he has been through, and the things he learned made him a better greater person. my fav was eps 6.

• May 02, 2022

Nessa última temporada os clichês para agradar o público jovem é evidente, mais uma vez várias histórias quase fazem manchar a imagem do personagem que vai finalmente entrar na política, como a questão da apropriação cultural no qual aparece ele usando uma cocar de índio, e isso retrata na série como se fosse uma grande insulto, enfim pode se perceber que quem vota hoje talvez em grande parte se preocupa com coisas que não se tem grande relevância, e a série é a cara disso.

• Oct 25, 2021

Continued along the vein of the first season in terms of production & story quality. Entertaining enough.

• Sep 29, 2021

Not as good as season one, but it was still entertaining.

Not as good as season one, but it was still entertaining.

• Sep 11, 2021

Me encanto, es una serie que te engancha, si te gusta el tema que trata

Me encanto, es una serie que te engancha, si te gusta el tema que trata

• Jan 30, 2021

I have enjoyed season 1 and 2 very much, looking forward to the 3rd season!

I have enjoyed season 1 and 2 very much, looking forward to the 3rd season!

• Nov 19, 2020

While the first season deserves 2.5 out of 5, the second season is a straight 0.5. The premises in the first season (a young student dreams to become president of the US, and lives the school elections just as the presidential ones) were exciting, but since the first episodes already some elements gave the idea that the writers of the series didn't go too much along with each other and decided to write some parts with no connection whatsoever. The second season is the supreme nirvana of a messy collage of sex scenes and viral facebook videos (the girl that decided to collect all her waste in a jar? COME ON, that is literally a buzzfeed video that everyone's seen!) with a weak, boring, and very unbelievable storyline. Excellent Gwyneth Paltrow playing the part of a very believable Gwyneth Paltrow. 4.5 stars out of 5 for Zoey Deutch.

• Oct 23, 2020

I'm halfway through season 2 and it's a struggle to keep going. The plot, such as it is, is all over the place with the main characters changing their loyalties to each other every other episode. It starts, dubiously, with said main characters, most of whom were at each other's throats / trying to kill each other at the end of season 1, inexplicably and suddenly all reuniting and becoming best friends again. No real effort is made to explain why. The narrative regarding the Senator's "throuple" relationship is just utterly unbelievable and Peyton's own reasons for entering into his own ongoing menage-a-trois are equally strange - especially considering that Peyton plans to expose his opponent's throuple relationship in a bid to destroy her. The episodes range in theme from high farce, through semi-musical to tragedy and none of it, none of it makes sense. Peyton himself lurches time and again from a shallow narcisist to a sensitive, altruistic champion of the downtrodden with little explanation. And weirdly, almost every character appears to be either gay or bi-sexual in what seems to be just a cynical attempt by the writers to multiply the possible combinations of people copping off with each other - it's tiring. What's good? Bette Middler. And some of the episodes are less than 30 mins long. What's not good? Almost everything else.

• Oct 15, 2020

After the end of the first season, I already knew that Judith Light and Bette Midler were going to be spectacular in the next season and I was not wrong. "The Politician: Season 2" is a very, very funny return, the story continues with both campaigns facing each other in an absolutely clever way, the characters are very charismatic, Ben Platt wonderful as always, but Bette and Judith are the best of this season .

• Sep 27, 2020

So I finally found time and I binge watched the whole season it's currently 4.34am and I tell you what. I knew this season will be good. And it was. It didn't fail me at all. I was happy I was angry I laughed I cried And y'know what? This is the first and the only show I got so emotionally involved in. And I love it. I love the actor's work, the music, dialogues everything. I'm feeling the exact same as I was after watching the first season and let me tell you it's the best I've felt in months. I'm dealing with a lot of stuff, my mental health is going from low to lower to dangerously low and then back to the acceptable low. But this show really got me in, I emotionally bounded with the characters, I was going through everything just like I was a part of the story. And that's how you know it's a good show. It helped me so much to just forget about the reality I live in, all the struggles and difficulties and got me into something completely different. Even if it was just for one night, it'll stay for me for a long, long time, I can tell you that much. And y'know what? I can't wait for more.

• Sep 13, 2020

Every second of this is entertaining, exagerrated and fun. The cast is phenomenal, the colours, costumes, storylines are over the top but just realistic enough. Love the structure they maintained. As addictive as power is to its characters.

• Aug 26, 2020

Character development was fun. I love them all! Fresh writing, entertaining plot line and a great cliff hanger. And you can't go wrong with Bette Midler In this role. Hope she shines in Season 3!

• Aug 19, 2020

Increíblemente graciosa, tanto que hay un punto en el que tomártela enserio pueda costar trabajo. Predecible hasta cierto punto, pero aún así asombrosa. Menos inteligente, tanto en el ambiente político como en el personal que la primer temporada pero de todas maneras profunda e intrigante. Una digna segunda parte. Incredibly funny, so much that there is a point where taking it seriously can take work. Predictable in some moments, but still amazing. Less intelligent, both politically and personally, than the first season but still profound and intriguing. A worthy second part.

• Aug 16, 2020

Wow, the wheels fell off so quickly on this show. Three episodes into the second season, and it's now blatantly shoving political ideologies down viewers throats. I was raised in a leftist totalitarian police state, and I can smell dangerous propaganda from miles away -- the second season is a very clear example.

• Aug 16, 2020

To pull this off- execution has ro be flawless- in season 2 - locations and interiors were not ... as perfected as they should- also gpalrteo- should never be filmed outside of Slim Aarons aesthetice - ever - even one shot let alone a full season- the script was so on and not perfext in season 1 - but season 2 became a nag sesson - then ended on a good note - addrd feeling and depth - but Sacrificing 75% aesthetic 75% script 10% surprise 50% laughter really hurt the second season. Little touches like lovers throwing flower in each others faces are priceless all that was missing from season 2 - everybody's outfits stayed on point but the interiors really fell flat. The cinematography wasn't quite so fisheye focused in a fashion is season one it's like the cinematographer was fine but not great and didn't" get it "which is a shame because it's such a small fine line but if you miss it you really really lose everybody I'm praying for season three go back to whoever made season one and don't compromise And you'll have a hit because you got all the great actors all the emotion all of these older women are kicking ass all of these younger kids are amazing it's cast perfectly it's dressed perfectly and in season one it was filmed perfectly in the interiors were perfect so get back to perfect sorry but we're demanding

• Aug 12, 2020

Really fun. Love the fluid sexuality. Love the building of characters. Judith Light is so eerie and fantastic. It keeps surprising me.

• Jul 26, 2020

It has no idea what to do with most of its characters so we barley see some of them (including the wonderful Zoey Deutch). What little charm season 1 had is now lost.

• Jul 26, 2020

Con Bettle Midler llegando a rescatar la serie, esta mejora un poco, sin embargo, mantiene el mismo tono lento, extremadamente obsceno y sin dejar huella.

• Jul 17, 2020

Great show! Funny and fluid! Amazing cast and the story entices you. Highly recommend.

• Jul 17, 2020

Loved it even more than Season 1. I enjoyed Ben Platt's raw performance. Bette Midler is perfect as Judith Light's right hand - I had forgotten how funny she is. Please make Season 3!!

Do you think we mischaracterized a critic's review?