The Umbrella Academy: Season 1 Reviews

• 4d ago

This is a great superhero show that has a different approach on how they came about and how they work together, this makes the umbrella academy feel artistically fresh and new. The soundtrack is awesome! it matches very well to the vibe of the show, greatly enjoyable!

• Sep 13, 2019

Honestly this show has so little and is why over hyped. I have returned to 4 times and I'm not even through ep2 yet. The fight scenes are very poorly choreographed, the music often times highly inappropriate, and it glosses over so many major points that I imagine the producers hoped we'd just forget about. Very forgettable series. One of my major gripes with the show is how inept, inadequate and ill equipped all of the highly trained, specialist assassins are. Here's an example. Character is in a straight corridor and the assassins appear at the end, no more 15ft away (and honestly that is exceptionally generous) They open fire with machine guns and hit nothing but the walls whilst the other character just hobbles away, looking over his shoulder every three seconds. Very Unimpressive. You might also notice in ALL fight scenes nothing seems to have any consequence. At All. One character has super human strength. that character slammed an assassin in the back with both fists. The assassin was completely unarmoured i might add, except for his black business suit. Less than 10 seconds later this character got up completely unscathed from all the fighting and carried on as if nothing happened. These highly trained assassins are fairly normal people and are trained to kill. apart from this they have nothing else. They had no idea who they were fighting and were completely unprepared. They had guns and that was it. They should be dead, splattered against the walls. Sloppy writing and stage direction, excellent music used in completely inappropriate settings. Just terrible and not worth your time honestly

• Sep 11, 2019

Overall it dragged a lot but there were seriously good moments in between and the finale /cliffhanger was interesting, so I'll watch a second season once it's available

• Sep 09, 2019

I hated every single character except #5. What a awful show. Everyone was boring, dumb, and predictable.

• Sep 08, 2019

Very good. Looking forward to season 2!!

Very good. Looking forward to season 2!!

• Sep 08, 2019

It's fairly entertaining, the cinematography is great, the story lines weave together well, it's only a little predictable, but the worst thing is it feels like a waste of time when you finish it. Maybe that's just to setup season 2, but the ending was super disappointing.

• Sep 07, 2019

Loved this show! Been awhile since I have binged watch anything. Great writing, action, and humor. I can't wait until next season!

• Sep 06, 2019

"The Umbrella Academy" is an interesting binge-watching series especially for you who were tired with Marvel formula and really love time travel. This is for you if you are among these people. Apart from the story still not optimal with a few plot-holes, we have to think again this is still the first season.

• Sep 05, 2019

I'm not to big on Netflix originals. However this one was done incredibly well. The story was well written, and the characters were very fitting. I was hooked from the first episode and really enjoyed the show. I can't wait for Season 2 to see the way the show goes.

• Aug 21, 2019

A frustrating, meandering grind riddled with cliches and forced drama, about 90% of which turns out to be completely pointless. You don't get the impression that these are wounded people with decades of bad blood between them, you get the impression that people actually talking to each other would cut the season in half. I have nothing but envy for the people who found it fresh and interesting. Giving it an extra star for Five, who was excellent.