The Walking Dead: Season 5 Reviews

• 6d ago

I think the seagulls on top of my dumpster are more entertaining and have better dialogue than this. Maybe the writers are actually in the dumpster feeding them their lines. Was this a 5th grade writing project? My class did better acting in my fourth grade play "Fiddler on the Roof". Actually, I don't want to degrade that experience by bringing it up here. If you're going to be in the horror game and have a bad script and acting, embrace it. Don't try to be serious. It's an insult to the viewer. It's the sort of thing a 14 year old smoking their first doobie thinks is deep. It's not. Actually, I probably would have loved this when I was 14. Newsflash: I'm not.

• Jan 05, 2021

Out of the first 5 Seasons of TWD, this is the best season yet. BY FAR! The introduction of many new characters and a new location called Alexandria makes it that much better. Super interesting. Also, the action and gore is very on point and amazing. I bet Season 6 will be even better than this season!!

• Oct 27, 2020

This season was one of the best seasons that The Walking Deas have. The suspense is very intense it is chilling There are very violent scenes but what caught my attention the most was the performance of Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) who had a significant and very violent role One of the best series

• Oct 16, 2020

If not the best, one of the best seasons of the series! It starts with the incredible escape of the survivors of the terminus. Even after that, the pace remains fast, showing what it's really like to survive an apocalypse. Alexandria's introduction is one of the best things of the season. It is clear that Andrew Lincoln did his best, as did all the cast.

• Oct 14, 2020

This and season 1 is just about the best this show has to offer, besides that the episodes just kind of blend into each other and play into the repetitive and wayyyyyy overused 'this is who we are now' and 'this is what we have to do to survive' theme.

• Oct 05, 2020

Very good season for comic fans, and very suspenseful at all times.

Very good season for comic fans, and very suspenseful at all times.

• Sep 23, 2020

Look, I want to keep my review brief but I just can't, I have to go into the details to give an understandable explanation of why I think this season is overrated. Right from the get go, the first episode lacks an interesting story. The action already happens in the beginning and is over way too quickly, and once we get out, we meet one of the shows most hated characters ever. Why this episode is praised as the best one in the series, I have no idea. The rest of the season is painfully bland. We spend a large majority of the season with the characters just walking around doing absolutely nothing, in fact, I lost the count of the amount of filler episodes. And then we get to Alexandria. I think the way they portrayed the evolving of the town way too quickly and out of place. It was so perfect there and people were living such good lives and I can't believe that I am saying this, but Rick basically ruined it. The group came in pretending to be in the wild and forcing the towns people to risk getting bitten all over again, how the hell can you pull a stunt like that on your own main characters? And then what do we have? That bullshit cliffhanger that nobody cares about or even remembers? This season just feels empty. Nothing about it fits, it doesn't follow up on the strengths of the original 4 seasons. The only remotely interesting thing that happened here that actually gave me an emotional breakdown for once is Beth's death, I did not see it coming, it was intense and that picture of Daryl walking out with her in his arms breaks my heart. All though, I wouldn't blame myself for forgetting about it because it was all built up with boring filler! I legitimately think that this is one of the series worst seasons. I can understand people putting season 8 at their worst list, despite me being okay with it, but I seriously never got a single clue about why they love season 5 so much. I don't even know what else to say, it seriously frustrates me just for thinking about it. Even if you like this one, you can tell that this kick started the terrible trend of the show having too many side plots that break the pacing.

• Aug 18, 2020

Best show i have ever seen

Best show i have ever seen

• Aug 14, 2020

TWD is enchanting! there are no words! 5 stars

TWD is enchanting! there are no words! 5 stars

• Jul 26, 2020

Standout performance of the season goes to Chad L Coleman in my opinion and episode 9 is worthy of awards on its own. So many storylines explored during season 5 and different locations but I feel like they blended together seamlessly and were so perfectly crafted. The writers attempted to do a million different things during this season and even though the entire season carried a sense of uncertainty regarding the survivors future the season as a whole was rock solid acting, writing, and storylines from start to finish. A few highs and lows along the way.