Tin Star: Season 1 Reviews

• Brendan O Super Reviewer
    May 17, 2020

Tim Roth elevates what could've been the typical thriller in a small town. Big business clash with the little town. The style of the series is interesting but the characters have some weird ideas. 17/05/2020

• Apr 19, 2020

Beautiful scenery. Weak story Poor writing. Mediocre acting. Other than that it was great. Think I'm going to stop at Season 1. Don't feel compelled to watch any additional episodes of this mess.

• Apr 15, 2020

Bring on season 3 and more of Christina Hendricks <3

Bring on season 3 and more of Christina Hendricks <3

• Jan 03, 2020

I binge watched season one over several days and I'm very disappointed.Usually I side with the audience score over the critics score, but not this time. This is a crapfest of hateful violence with no social or spiritual redeeming value. The anti-hero is not balanced by any other character who is not also a lying sack of self-interest and egomania. The closest to a sane person is the Tribal Elder of the First Nations, but his role is primarily just to say "White people, leave us alone because you are all nuts." I just don't enjoy stories where the main character is a hateful person who should be locked up but gets away with murder again and again. Maybe you like those stories, and if so, then this series is for you.

• Jan 02, 2020

Turned into a soap with long and contrived scenes that for me didn't suspend my disbelief. Been spoiled by the likes of Breaking Bad. Talented actors wasted on very bad writing and storytelling. For all the killings and "revelations" there were no plausible explanations or consequences and inexplicable disappearances of key characters. Definitely a potentially great series ruined by tons of inexplicable loose ends.

• Oct 17, 2019

Great show! Gets better

Great show! Gets better

• Sep 10, 2019

Okay first off Canada uses RCMP in small town Alberta not a county sheriff...secondly nobody from out east builds pipelines in Alberta, they try and stop them. This tv series seems like liberal brain washing on the Alberta environment. It is a slap to the face of the oil and gas industry. Great cast very disappointed with the plot and writing and obvious Liberal attempt to smear our economic driver.

• Jul 25, 2019

Awesome series. Very off beat. Roth is amazing.

Awesome series. Very off beat. Roth is amazing.

• Jul 22, 2019

I really enjoyed the first episode and then hated the second one. All of a sudden it felt hokey. The music was hokey Canadian as were the bad guy Canadians. I just couldn't watch any more . It made mockery of the death of the young boy and a the seriousness of his mother's injury. Come on Canadians. We can be better than this.

• Jul 19, 2019

One of my top five favorite series of all time.

One of my top five favorite series of all time.