Notorious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Notorious Reviews

September 12, 2016
I love biggie, but this movie sucks
August 9, 2016
Eh. That's all I really have to say, it's not completely bad, it's not completely good. It pays homage to the late great while still leaving some to be desired in terms of storytelling and acting in some areas. Music was great, obviously.
July 22, 2016
Written with all the subtlety of a made-for-TV movie. It deals with the ups and downs of Biggie's life with punches pulled and fists so open that they might as well be jazz hands.
½ June 12, 2016
The poor quality acting and writing does a disservice to this legend. The movie is well-composed technically, the problems seem to fall on the director and writers, not the rest of the crew.
March 10, 2016
I think if you're at all a fan of the Notorious B.I.G. you should see this film actor Jamal Woolard does a find job as Biggie and Christopher Wallace JR did a fine job with okay directing from George Tillman Jr. although the writing and story can be somewhat cliche Notorious is a fine movie and I suggest you watch it to learn about Big with a fine cast of actors some great written scenes and pretty much accurate film with the music being one of the best things about it being composed by Danny Elfman with perfect cues for Bigs music. Overall Notorious has it's flaws but overall alright film.
October 11, 2015
Average biopic. The amount of cooze that tonnes of fun got is unreal.
½ August 27, 2015
The film feels like paint by numbers, but it's still interesting enough, especially for those unfamiliar with the subject matter. Still it just brushes the surface and doesn't dig in beyond the obvious.
July 29, 2015
Great movie to a great rappers life. Very good performances by the five main characters.
½ June 23, 2015
Uninspiring biopic that's moderately fun to watch if you're a fan of the music.
½ May 27, 2015
alright bio but generally felt like it was just painting by numbers not the best but not the worst.
May 22, 2015
Surprising - yes - enjoyable.
May 5, 2015
"Its not about the beef or fame, it focuses on majestic time in hip-hop culture. A time where a new style of music was revolutionizing, it was simply the golden age of hip-hop and I truly miss that"
½ April 6, 2015
Good first half with a lacklustre second half.
March 22, 2015
Take a common street thug who makes money out of other's misery, and make a movie about his life. Wow, what a hero. P-eu, doesn't Hollywood stink ?
½ February 21, 2015
Decent biography about the life of the late rapper. All of the performances are solid despite thin characters.
December 1, 2014
An amazing glimpse into the rap world. I couldn't stop thinking about it.
½ September 30, 2014
Never making it of the ground level, 'Notorious' fails to fully express the grandeur of Biggie Smalls. Jamal Woolard at times comes eerily close to a level of verisimilitude that lends the film authenticity, but sadly the rest of the cast doesn't live up to his potential. The main problem with the story is its intention to give an overall look, thus sacrificing the moment to moment drama that could have been more resonant. 'Notorious' instead comes of a largely basic portrait filled with the usual narrative elements one would come to expect from a music biopic, and given the subject, that's a shame. While the film is photographed well, the direction is nondescript lacking for depth and true insight.
½ September 22, 2014
this was really good, I don't know a lot about the story of biggie but I thought this was really entertaining and interesting
July 27, 2014
my dad's suggestions
½ July 23, 2014
i saw this in the cinema when it came out and i remember i was a bit dissapointed after it mainly due to the fact i know a lot of the subject matter through the music and research those who arn't that familiar should learn a thing or two. re3-3.5