Heroes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heroes Reviews

October 29, 2013
Still love this flick.
January 6, 2013
Excellent movie.....one of the first I saw (back in '77) that was not a typical "Hollywood ending!"
May 27, 2012
I remember seeing the trailer for this in 1977. It was shown before Star Wars. This was the height of Fonzie's fame on Happy Days. But in Sept 1977, the infamous "Jump the Shark" episode aired, and it was the beginning of the end.
June 21, 2011
This is a great old film with incredible actors, Henry at this time couldn't escape The Fonz, Sally had just finished Smokey, and Harrison had already played Hans Solo...and together they all starred in the most underrated film of their careers, all making it a little well known gem, and longtime favorite of mine. My Mom bought me the VHS years ago, and I can never part with this one!! ?
January 5, 2011
My favourite crazy Vietnam veteran movie. It stars Henry "Fonzie" Winkler, it's nice to see him in a starring role for once.
October 12, 2010
** (out of four)

Jack (Henry Winkler) has been home from Vietnam for four years, but he is still living the nightmare. He is put in a Veterans Hospital, but he escapes and hits the road, heading west to California where he hopes to start a worm farm with a war buddy. Along the way he meets a lady (Sally Field) who is about to get married.

The idea is pretty decent, but the execution is disappointing. We are supposed to be on Jack's side, but he is a bit crazy and his situations are made worse because of his behavior. Winkler does okay in the part, but the script is so contrived and over-the-top that it disables the entire production.
June 15, 2009
This is a solid movie dealing with the trauma of Post-Vietnam Vets and the dream for something better. Sally Field is cute and wonderful as always, and Henry Winkler is charming as the wacky vet whose dream of starting a worm farm with his vet buddies.
October 30, 2008
Henry is fine in the lead but compared to the superior performances from Harrison Ford and especially Sally Field he is outclassed. Olivia Cole gives a lovely gentle performance in what could have been a small nothing role.
½ August 13, 2008
many people think this movie is stupid and a waste of time. Henry Winkler is a good actor and so is Sally Field. I saw the movie and something about it made me really like the movie.I love the ending song in the movie too.
August 9, 2008
This is a sad, but great romantic movie
July 31, 2008
It's fun to see Henry Winkler playing a decidely non-Fonzie-like role and an early appearance by Harrison Ford is also of note. I first saw this film about ten years ago in college on AMC and remember being struck by the use of "Carry on My Wayward Son" in the closing moments. Sadly, the home video version replaces this song with another even more cheesy rock ballad that rather disappoints comparatively. Too bad. Otherwise this is pretty great overlooked flick.
July 24, 2008
I don't know why, but I really, really like this movie. And Harrison Ford drive a cool looking '73 Z-28.
½ July 23, 2008
Just saw this again for the first time in 31 years, and I'm pleased to say it was still good! I saw it in '77 just because Harrison Ford was in it :) , and it was fun to see him in this early role again. In fact, all the acting is pretty good - Henry Winkler & Sally Field most especially. This is a fine little movie that unfortunately would probably never make it in today's multiplexes full of blockbusters...but it is certainly worth seeing, and I recommend it.
July 18, 2008
The movie has a thin plot and doesn't really go anywhere. However, the acting by the two lead characters is fairly good and the movie's message about how the human spirit can be affected by war, trauma and loss does resonate. Harrison Ford makes a brief appearance as a troubled and disturbed Vietnam veteran.
June 27, 2008
I Love this movie,,I never thought I would see it on DvD

I hope lots of people see it, Harison Ford, and Sally Fields are also in this movie
check it out, you won't be disapointed
March 13, 2008
AWESOME!!!!!!! I loved this movie.......Henry Winkler is fantastic as a vietnam vet who faces reality and conflict years after returning home....Sally Field and Harrison Ford are solid.......one of my top favs!!!!
November 7, 2007
its an original funny romance...
½ April 17, 2006
I liked this movie-henry Winkler plays a Nam vet, with dreams of a worm farm, who meets up with a quirky woman(Sally Field) while meeting up with a friend to start their business.The scenes with Winkler and Field are great, they have a certain magic to them.The social commentary is fitting for the tone and subject matter of the movie,it's not overdone or overused at all.I can't believe very few have even seen it:fresh: