Reviews

• Nov 11, 2021

Ah yes, the Star Wars one. Why this franchise felt the need to put Bond in space is still baffling. At least they did it in the 11th movie while Fast & Furious was less impatient, doing it on their 10th one. Star Wars has nothing to do with the kind of movie James Bond is. They are both action, so what. This of a adaptations should have been closer to the book. It would have been one of the greats. For some reason I always remembered Moonraker as been fairly serious until the got to space. Actually it gets increasingly more silly and by the time it gets to space, it seems normal. The Venice boat chase is probably the worst in the franchise, on par, maybe even worse than the car chase in Diamonds Are Forever. Why is the boat equip with gadgets as if made by Q-branch when he got on a random boat taxi? why are the people from MI6 who are stationed in London, now suddenly stationed in Brazil? Like Moneypenny has a desk set up and everything. Jaws randomly fell in love. Some of the choices I do not understand here, but everything was pretty to look at. This has some of the best cinematography in the franchise and some of the best locales too, until they get to space of course. Drax, the main villain is interesting, his plan diabolically evil, amongst the most diabolically evil for sure, He's a bad cat. The Bond girl is fantastic. The chemistry between her and Bond is there, he holds her own and helps sufficiently. Roger Moore, himself is giving what I think is his best performance as Bond. I still haven't revisited The Spy Who Loved Me, but out of the other 6, this one and For Your Eyes Only stand out as his best performance so far. He is still ranked last out of all 6 official actors who played the role, but he's still great. would give him a B+ or an A-. I'm just not a super fan of all the bellbottoms (not his fault) and eyebrow raising (also, not really his fault he was pushed to play the role a certain way, kind of his fault that he agreed with the decision and thought of the character as a goof). Overall not great, but you can have fun with it.

• Oct 18, 2021

A James Bond cartoon with bad acting, bad writing, and ridiculous characters (talking to you, Jaws). The worst stinker of the Bond films, and given some of the other movies, that's saying something.

• Oct 08, 2021

Way better than its reputation.

Way better than its reputation.

• Oct 06, 2021

[⭐️67%] Moonraker (1979) is considered the guilty pleasure of the James Bond franchise and its hard to argue, given how many Bond movies there have been it would make sense that one would choose to be so ridiculous that it would take it to space. It is all self aware and it is perfectly balanced in that tone, where it's amusing. This movie embraces its silliness and it works in its favour and actually covers up the fact that the villain is quite weak as it is just sheer entertainment. By constantly entertaining with such a silly concept, Moonraker (1979) stands out as a memorable and unique entry into this franchise.

• Sep 30, 2021

Great production values but too over the top and lacks tension, Moore never seems to be in real danger and everything is too cartoonistic. The plot is a repeat of the previous film (changing the ocean setting for the space) - which was already a kind of a repeat of the You Only Live Twice plot.

• Sep 26, 2021

Underrated Bond movie!! Moonraker is a fun movie from beginning to end. It's one of the best Roger Moore was in. It was one of the best bond movies so far at the time. But it's still a great action movie from the 70s.

• Sep 16, 2021

It was an okay watch. It was really fun watching the older style of filing techniques and movie effects, but that was about it. They just can't seem to get the feel of a James Bond movie without Sean Connery in it so far...

• May 15, 2021

The plot is ridiculous and suffers from a less memorable villain. However , the film benefits from spectacular action scenes and an action - packed opening.

• May 14, 2021

We can thank "Star Wars" for the turn to science fiction the series went to with this installment. Weak in many aspects and a disappointment for what could have been a much better movie. Villain B- / Bond Girl C+ / Theme B-

• May 07, 2021

It's silly, it tried to be a little bit of Star Wars, and after Spy who Loved me, we were expecting For Your Eyes Only, but I loved the return of Jaws, and the soundtrack, honestly, was damn good.