The Rare Breed Reviews

• Sep 08, 2018

Broad, solidly made Western with an unusual topic is a partly amusing drama, but not really exciting; the star cast does a good job, though.

• Dec 17, 2017

Good western, can't miss with Maureen O'Hara and James Stewart

Good western, can't miss with Maureen O'Hara and James Stewart

• Jul 08, 2016

Innocuous old-timey entertainment.

Innocuous old-timey entertainment.

• Paris S Super Reviewer
    Oct 09, 2015

Your average James Stewart Western, but with some decent little things here and there. Despite his age, James does a surprising bit of brawling and wrangling. I would consider this a superior western than the likes of Night Passagey, but only just.

• Apr 17, 2015

A rodeo man is hired (by two different agents) to deliver a rare Hereford bull. An almost passionless Stewart, and a "no surprises" performance by Maureen O'Hara turn what could have been an interesting outing into a stale affair.

• Dec 02, 2013

I watch a movie to be entertained and that is what happens every time I see this motion picture. If you love movies and if you are a fan of Jimmy Stewart and Maureen O'Hara, you will love this one.

• Jul 12, 2013

Not one of James Stewarts best films,Maureen O'Hara appears out of her comfort zone, or just lost in a rather run of the mill film about breeding cows and romance thrown in, enjoyable but far from a classic

• May 22, 2013

A boring tail of a bull that was brought to the us from England. Skip it.

A boring tail of a bull that was brought to the us from England. Skip it.

• Apr 13, 2013

nconvincing studio sets and uninspired direction don't help in lifting this above other bloated, awkward studio productions of the period.

• Mar 09, 2013

This was not one of James Stewarts best efforts not that it was really his fault.