The Time Machine Reviews

• Mar 17, 2021

Watching this movie back again recently with the Blu ray remaster was beautiful yet it had me wishing for the gritty VHS edition. As you would expect with a blu ray remaster it will Have all the bells and whistles to blow you away. Yes, it has lots bright colours clear scenes and lovely sound however I couldn't help but miss the original not so filtered version. It somehow loses the nostalgic gritty vibe, when you first encounter the warlocks and the dark caves of which they dwell, it creates more atmosphere with it being hard to see and more impactful when the first torch is lit. I am stuck between two versions of this movie where in one sense I love the crystal clear scenes where he flows through time and the animations do there wonders yet taken out out of the moment in the too bright and sharpened dramatic scenes. Overall this doesn't matter to you guys reading than review but I would suggest to watch this on VHS or dvd first and experience the full Nostalgia. If that's not your thing then great the beautiful Blu Ray version awaits you also.

• Mar 04, 2021

As a fan of the 2002 version of ‘The Time Machine' I'd long wanted to see this one. Watching movies from the 1960's set in the upper class is hard for a lot of people to get into, myself included, but once it got to the time travel stuff it got more interesting...and then the Morlocks show up, and they are effectively creepy for a movie made in 1960.

• Aug 17, 2020

A classic. Great for it's day. An inventor makes a time machine and heads for the future to an unexpected situation.

• Jun 20, 2020

An outdated but most faithful movie adaptation of the Time Machine.

An outdated but most faithful movie adaptation of the Time Machine.

• May 13, 2020

An absolute classic in all respects. I have wanted the time machine props, both the full size and miniature, since I first saw the movie in 1960. The morlocks haunted my dreams for years. And Yvette Mimieux, well beautiful and sweet.

• Jan 03, 2020

God AWFUL movie. Dont waste your time.

God AWFUL movie. Dont waste your time.

• Jul 27, 2019

Super classic sci-fi movie,probably the best of the time travel movies ever made.yes the effects are cheap by today's standards,but taylor and mimieux are great.the music is also beautiful ,One of my favorite movies growing up.

• Feb 26, 2019

An outstanding adaptation of the classic H.G Wells novel. It is simply marvelous. It's boosted by eye-popping and very colorful effects, especially for the time. The Morlocks effects are also great. No wonder it won an Academy Award for Best Effects. And it is also supported by a good lead performance from Rod Taylor. But this film also evoques provocative questions on philosophy and time and human evolution. It's a very interesting film, and it's definitely an all-time science-fiction classic. A piece of real good work and recommended !!

• Apr 30, 2018

Pure escapist science fiction, a wonderful story by H.G. Wells and George Pal. I love it.

• Mar 25, 2018

Extremely entertaining first half of a movie. The way he travels through time and how the technology in 1960 is compared to today is fascinating. However, the second half of this movie, the monster part, sucks horribly bad.