My Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Girl Reviews

June 20, 2016
Coming of age drama about a twelve year old motherless girl and the bond and friendship she shares with her best friend: a local boy named Thomas J. It's a tearjerker for sure but a great one.
April 14, 2016
its a great 90's movie
½ April 5, 2016
Good idea, poor execution
½ March 18, 2016
So much is shoved into so little: it makes you wonder what the point of it was other than the single, eventful summer of an 11 year old girl.
March 12, 2016
watched this film about a billion times also I watched a couple of mouths after my brother died then I cried that bad cause this lovely dramatic film x'-
February 15, 2016
Great movie for teens and adults it has comedy,sadness,and is relatable
January 23, 2016
Jamie Lee was still foxy as ever in the early 90's and Aykroyd is likable in everything but I still can't get on board with Mac dying due to the bee stings.
January 17, 2016
A pretty entertaining, coming of age movie. We don't get to see movies like these much anymore. It's pretty smart and charming. It's pretty well made and was pretty funny.
½ June 15, 2007
Still such a great coming-of-age drama. The movie is so sweet and feels very real. Also very sad still.
December 29, 2015
A classic! Still can bring me to tears after all these years.
May 19, 2008
I cried watching this as a kid, it's just a cute throw-back.
November 20, 2015
one of my favorite movies
November 20, 2015
Beautiful film and yet funny too.
November 12, 2015
good family/period pic that effectively mixes film with music
November 2, 2015
I'm really not sure why this movie is only rated at 50%. I loved this movie growing up and still do to this day. It's one of my top 10 go-tos when I feel like watching a sad movie.
August 30, 2015
After all these years, I didn't think it would still make me cry. The actors,the way the story is told, the music... it all makes it so simple to connect with them and you can't help but cry. Oh, don't worry, it's not a sappy story. It's nostalgic, ripe with the innocence of childhood and the angst of what it means for some of us to grow up.
February 12, 2010
A nostalgic rite of passage film. Anna Chlumsky carries the movie as the unique and endearing Vada. (First and only full viewing - In my early twenties)
July 21, 2015
Ridiculously depressing, with a few splashes of sweet. It was overwrought for me.
½ July 3, 2015
The semi-coming-of-age drama beats like a heart in emotions such as heartbreaking - meaning genuine sad turning points - and being pieced back together - meaningful with some warmth - represented and led by a breakthrough performance from young actress Anna Chlumsky, despite having a simple aim in some aspects. (B)

(Full review coming soon)