The Last Supper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Supper Reviews

November 2, 2016
Incredibly funny and smart dark comedy. It's great to see Cameron Diaz in her pre-My Best Friend's Wedding element. The whole cast is uniformly excellent and the concept itself is delicious. A fun indie flick.
½ June 10, 2016
Didn't regret watching that movie after watching it 10 years ago.

One of the most thought-provoking movies I've seen by that time and still is.
½ April 18, 2016
A very good movie -thriller-comedy
October 11, 2015
Love the ending, the cast is great with some amazing cameos! Plus it takes place in Iowa..
September 19, 2015
"Thumbs Up!" Its a lot of wicked fun.
½ September 8, 2015
For reasons beyond me, this film never climbed the 'cult' ladder. It is small budgeted but thats only where they have cut corners. No compromise on story, treatment or acting. It looks like suburban theatre whose description would probably read "Dont you sometimes just want to kill someone because their beliefs are a little different from yours?...Come live your fantasy world"
½ May 21, 2015
The concensus above happens to reflect my exact thought so i wont bother repeating it.
½ April 24, 2015
The premise in this dark comedy is interesting while the exercise on screen is muddled and flames out quickly.
March 14, 2015
This low budgeted film was great. There were many scenes I would find myself cracking up. It has some real grabbing moments. The ending was also spectacular.
½ September 26, 2014
Very good i am glad i went back and saw this. a little dated but not more then expected. There are some scenes where the tone is way off. other that that a good amount of interesting stuff. Ron pearlman gives a memorable performances as well.
September 17, 2014
It sorta ends up falling apart, but the cool cast and caustic script will leave most right-thinking people well satisfied.
½ August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
January 10, 2014
I was very surprised by how good it was and it is pretty thought-provoking.
½ October 9, 2013
A really tepid political satire with bland and uninteresting stars. The actors who play the victims ... Bill Paxton, Mark Harmon, Jason Alexander, Charles Durning, Ron Perlman ... do quite a bit with their cameos, but ultimately, this just goes exactly where you know it's going to go and takes far too long to get there.
½ July 14, 2013
Very good character driven piece. Fun indie movie.
July 14, 2013
This is a generous rating when you look at the technicals of the film itself, I'll start with my critiques, and edge my way into the positives, as this film itself ended on a high note. The first fundamental flaw was just the god awful acting. You got the headliner Cameron Diaz in this, and alongside her acted some who I consider underrated. One guest spot went to one of my all time favorites Jason Alexander, or George from Seinfeld. In the opening scenes the performances were cringe worthy dreadful, they pulled themselves up, but never reached star quality. Then one scene that really made me feel a lack of effort was during a 911 call, all the lines were busy, and while on hold cheesy music was playing. While this is a comedy, it was to unrealistic, and the tone was in a more dramatic turn. Symbolism wise it puts effort in, the last scene was memorable, but I didn't get most the art. I like how this echoed at the problems with in the group, but rarely made it the focus. The message of this film is strong and well shown, while it is lead in an obvious way, it was perpetrated better than anything else. Do I agree with the statement made, not fully, but I enjoyed its carry out. The film has chuckles, and puts in more than meets the eye. Not a mystery, since nothing is really kept hidden, but has more than one layer.
½ April 1, 2013
Simple, clever and exciting.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
½ November 17, 2012
The Last Supper attempts to be witty, poignant, and smartly satirical, but instead it's dull, un-interesting, and supremely stupid. The script is written with liberal cliches galore, with a moronic sense of its "opposition". The cast is left to deliver stilted dialogue while complaining about evil right-wingers that are depicted in an almost cartoon-like fashion. We end up hating the self-righteous idiocy of the roommates more than those they target. There simply is no believe-ability in the script.<

The acting is also sub-par, partly because of the bad dialogue, but also from an apparent lack of chemistry with each other. The interactions have the believe-ability of a daytime soap opera, but with unbearable political "commentary".

Overall it's a disaster, with no meaningful message to be had, no humor to be found, and nothing of particular value.

1.5/5 Stars
½ October 24, 2012
One of my personal favourite, illustrating how good intentions can go either way. Starting to see the bitchy quality of Cameron Diaz.