Definitely, Maybe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Definitely, Maybe Reviews

½ September 28, 2017
It was nice to see ryan reynolds in something "serious" like kal penn did in namesake......

I really liked this one.......
August 21, 2017
Entertaining romantic comedy with a solid cast.
½ August 6, 2017
Not bad as these things go. Respectable although unspectacular romcom. 6.9 I'll say.
½ May 1, 2017
A sweet enough Ryan Reynolds rom/mildly-com film. It's basically How I Met Your Mother, the Movie.
½ March 27, 2017
An unlikely romantic movie beginning with a pending divorce conversation with father & daughter and ending with... well, I don't want to spoil it for you. A storytelling session ensues in the form of TV show "How I Met Your Mother", with the mystery being revealed in the end. I thought it was clever and comedicly written. Perfectly cast and entertaining. It's not a 'feel good' movie, per se, but it does have some positive moments that shine out of loneliness and sadness that we can often be burdened with. It felt real and I appreciate that in movies. Rating: 7.5/10
March 3, 2017
unusual structure & plenty of smiles, especially from Maya
½ March 3, 2017
Really liked, well acted, and good story.
½ February 14, 2017
Phenomenal acting by Abigail Breslin, marred somewhat by a weak ending. Ryan Reynolds handsomeness abounds- though, oddly, no shirtless scenes!
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 14, 2017
I own this and have seen it 4 times.
½ November 14, 2016
A cute little film with a few ideas of its own.
½ November 6, 2016
Ryan Reynolds and Abigail Breslin give excellent performances that outshine everyone else's good performances, the direction is very good, and the pacing was really great. The writing is surprisingly funny and clever at times with a good plot, but the end felt a little cut short, and the characters struggle because there's a little too much cliche, but still a great set up! I think I could watch this many times.
November 5, 2016
Some movies work better for you based on where you are in your life. For any guy that is married. The story is one you can relate to and love.
October 13, 2016
One of the best, and honest, romantic comedies in the genre.
September 27, 2016
Ryan Reynolds is definitely a very good actor in this quite surprising narrative approach of the romantic genre
September 22, 2016
Sweet but sometimes heartless, clever but sometimes boring, "Definitely, Maybe" is surely better than 90% of the romantic comedies we saw in the 00's... But it maybe doesn't mean anything...
September 8, 2016
Interesting twist on the rom-com & trip back to the '90's with good performances all 'round. Rachel Weisz terrific, as always. Reynolds, too.
½ September 8, 2016
Quirky but fun. Throughout I kept wondering if the child was learning too much too soon. Learning too soon that love isn't always a magical carpet ride can be daunting.
½ September 6, 2016
How much did Brooks get paid to write this crap? No one will ever know. I had to start skipping to better parts cuz I was completely bored after 20 minutes. I just can't believe the plot, characters nor the SCORE. That's how bad the film was. It was not funny, it was not clever, it was plain boring.
April 27, 2016
Slow movie that keeps you guessing. A few actors acting good and a happy ending.
All in all, not fantastic, but rather nice. A good watch on a rainy evening to stay in.