Definitely, Maybe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Definitely, Maybe Reviews

April 27, 2016
Slow movie that keeps you guessing. A few actors acting good and a happy ending.
All in all, not fantastic, but rather nice. A good watch on a rainy evening to stay in.
April 21, 2016
Definitely, Maybe is a decent film. It is about a political consultant who tries to explain his impending divorce and past relationships to his 11-year-old daughter. Ryan Reynolds and Abigail Breslin give good performances. The script is a little slow in places. Adam Brooks did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and romance.
½ April 10, 2016
For a rom-com, not bad I guess.
April 1, 2016
Not his usual style of film but still pretty good, brought back some sad memories and some good ones too, got to watch to truly see what the film is like
February 26, 2016
Bawling so hard; i'm gonna need two days to recover
February 14, 2016
Good characters and good plot
February 13, 2016
Such an adorable, heartwarming romance!
½ January 29, 2016
A correct comedy. No big surprises, except that Ryan Reynolds is a decent comedies' actor.

The script is the expected and it is something perfect for a rainy evening in the couch under a blanket.
December 23, 2015
Since 2009, that was the first time that I watched this movie. Back then I just had my first relationship ever with a girl from my high school and ended with my heart broken. Time flies, 6 years have passed and now I'm back to single life, during the past 6 years I rewatched this chick flick about once per year. It is a little bit funny when a straight dude keeps watching a chick flick. But what I like about this film is the idea about love, family and friendship. Three are different things, but somewhere they bond to overlap one another. People have histories and they make mistakes, do not fix on what has happened to us, move on to better things. Do not take things in life and people in life for granted.
December 12, 2015
Cool, the story was told flawlessly.
November 27, 2015
Re-watched... still good. <3
½ November 12, 2015
This is a sweet and funny movie,well written and well acted
November 8, 2015
Actually very surprised that this was one of the few romantic comedies that I've enjoyed in a while. Ryan Reynolds plays the part naturally and it's a great story
October 1, 2015
Enjoyed this film alot, Worth a watch... definitely a Sunday film
September 1, 2015
Usually don't like sappy, chick-flicky things like this, but it could be good.
August 24, 2015
Smart, the story is well written and told, I laughed and enjoyed :)
½ July 27, 2015
"Definitely" worth a watch, "Maybe" worth owning. Ryan Reynolds is very good in this, as well are the 3 ladies he shares the screen with. Not overly funny but a very sweet story.
½ July 16, 2015
Its a well acted, lite drama romcom that grins, no real comedy, but still is solid and engaging.
I'm constantly leary of Reynolds bc of van wilder and r.i.p.d., but he gets room to be a tiny bit sarcastic, and hence seems able to be present and involving here, especially w the sweetly amazing Abigail Breslin.
Its about Reynolds telling his daughter Breslin how he met her mom, and the three ladies involved.
Well done.
Its even for guys - they will like Isla, Elizabeth and Rachel, and can relate to Reynolds dilemma w all 3.
A solid heartfelt romance that smiles.
Perfectly layered story, no romcom zaniness, no guffaws - just ignore the distastful first five mins where they have Breslin talk about sex ed, supposedly for laughs. Unfunny, kinda crass.
After that, it settled into a nice, upbeat ride. Kevin Klein is subtly great and steals his 3 scenes - he's the funny one here.
All 4 leading ladies make Reynolds job easy, but he does actually carry this movie well.
The sweetly sublime Breslin brings a few tears, and is the heart of the whole affair.

3.5 of 5
June 29, 2015
was nearly tearing at the book bit... then you realise ha kept the book for years W.T.F. romcom chick flick you wont find many in my ratings even though iv prob seen plenty.
June 29, 2015
was nearly tearing at the book bit... then you realise that he kept the book for years and your like what the fuck's wrong with you. rom com chick flick you wont see many in my ratings even though iv prob seen lots of them.