Definitely, Maybe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Definitely, Maybe Reviews

October 13, 2016
One of the best, and honest, romantic comedies in the genre.
September 27, 2016
Ryan Reynolds is definitely a very good actor in this quite surprising narrative approach of the romantic genre
September 22, 2016
Sweet but sometimes heartless, clever but sometimes boring, "Definitely, Maybe" is surely better than 90% of the romantic comedies we saw in the 00's... But it maybe doesn't mean anything...
September 8, 2016
Interesting twist on the rom-com & trip back to the '90's with good performances all 'round. Rachel Weisz terrific, as always. Reynolds, too.
½ September 8, 2016
Quirky but fun. Throughout I kept wondering if the child was learning too much too soon. Learning too soon that love isn't always a magical carpet ride can be daunting.
½ September 6, 2016
How much did Brooks get paid to write this crap? No one will ever know. I had to start skipping to better parts cuz I was completely bored after 20 minutes. I just can't believe the plot, characters nor the SCORE. That's how bad the film was. It was not funny, it was not clever, it was plain boring.
April 27, 2016
Slow movie that keeps you guessing. A few actors acting good and a happy ending.
All in all, not fantastic, but rather nice. A good watch on a rainy evening to stay in.
April 21, 2016
Definitely, Maybe is a decent film. It is about a political consultant who tries to explain his impending divorce and past relationships to his 11-year-old daughter. Ryan Reynolds and Abigail Breslin give good performances. The script is a little slow in places. Adam Brooks did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and romance.
½ April 10, 2016
For a rom-com, not bad I guess.
April 1, 2016
Not his usual style of film but still pretty good, brought back some sad memories and some good ones too, got to watch to truly see what the film is like
February 26, 2016
Bawling so hard; i'm gonna need two days to recover
February 14, 2016
Good characters and good plot
February 13, 2016
Such an adorable, heartwarming romance!
½ January 29, 2016
A correct comedy. No big surprises, except that Ryan Reynolds is a decent comedies' actor.

The script is the expected and it is something perfect for a rainy evening in the couch under a blanket.
December 23, 2015
Since 2009, that was the first time that I watched this movie. Back then I just had my first relationship ever with a girl from my high school and ended with my heart broken. Time flies, 6 years have passed and now I'm back to single life, during the past 6 years I rewatched this chick flick about once per year. It is a little bit funny when a straight dude keeps watching a chick flick. But what I like about this film is the idea about love, family and friendship. Three are different things, but somewhere they bond to overlap one another. People have histories and they make mistakes, do not fix on what has happened to us, move on to better things. Do not take things in life and people in life for granted.
December 12, 2015
Cool, the story was told flawlessly.
November 27, 2015
Re-watched... still good. <3
½ November 12, 2015
This is a sweet and funny movie,well written and well acted
November 8, 2015
Actually very surprised that this was one of the few romantic comedies that I've enjoyed in a while. Ryan Reynolds plays the part naturally and it's a great story
October 1, 2015
Enjoyed this film alot, Worth a watch... definitely a Sunday film