The Lovely Bones Reviews

• Oct 29, 2020

Well, where to start? If a memory cleaner machine would exist and managed to erase from me before watching this movie the knowledge that Peter Jackson directed it, and someone told me after watching this movie that Peter Jackson was indeed the director, I would find it very hard to believe it. A story so different to what he had done before in his filmography and even after. I think he probably just direct this so he could depict the "after life" or gain money. I just can't find other reason based on his filmography alone. So let me start with what I liked because not everything was bad, the depiction of the afterlife is great, very imaginative and well accomplished. I was interested in findong how it all would culminate, somehow engaged. Now the bad, the CGI at moments looks so dated that it feels like it was made with Office 2006. Mark Walhberg acting was truly awful and many could argue it still is, you just can't believe his sadness. The montage scene where a character "arrives" it's probably one of the worst thing that ever happened in a movie, I can't think about a worst example of just how you completely send the tone of a movie to the toilet, it is that bad. It will haunt me for a long time. Such a bad directing decision. The film could have been 15 to 25 minutes less and probably worked better. Finally the things that just don't make sense plot wise: Nobody notices that someone has been digging 8 m^3 of dirt in probably less than 200m from a highly populated area? How does a character knows the exact time and place where someone who doesn't know or talk to before will be? ...a kiss? Really a kiss? After all? Knowing Peter Jackson probably there is an extended director's cut of 4 hours where things make more sense.

• Oct 25, 2020

a confused script and without the slightest notion, but with great scenes, characters that are very good and cool and characters that you will hate, a cast that I really liked.

• Oct 06, 2020

This film was made during the year where no supernatural thriller were made. So at time it was creative and original to the young fan audience. it not a supernatutal but the theme is like supernatural crime but thanksful for excellent movie performance better than movies like conjuring paranormal because these two movies has boring plot where lovely bones is suspsenful

• Sep 16, 2020

Such a heart wrenching and beautiful move.

Such a heart wrenching and beautiful move.

• Sep 11, 2020

usually, book adaptations can be hit or miss but this was definitely one of the movies that was more faithful to the books

• Sep 07, 2020

I surprisingly really enjoyed this movie. Directed by Peter Jackson and starring saoirse ronan. She is going places some day.

• Sep 01, 2020

Watch it at least once! It's worth it. I LOVED this movie mainly because of the characters who are portrayed beautifully by the actors but, also, the portrayal of life after death that director, Peter Jackson, depicted spot on to the book. Some scenes were left out but over all, I don't believe 32% is accurate, I'd give it a 75% score on RT...but that's me. Watch it.

• Aug 27, 2020

Hated this movie. The people missed every opportunity to catch the bad guy & find the "bones." Very unsatisfying & stupid. Especially the end.

• Aug 16, 2020

such a touching movie!

such a touching movie!

• Jul 09, 2020

The movie had shocking moments but the final part does not leave you satisfied with conclusion.