Splice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Splice Reviews

October 18, 2016
Unlike casual zombie horror's , Splice dances with the devil instead of destroying it. The plot focuses most dangerously on the benevolent creature, fails to create any type of character empathy for the sake of sting when things go wrong, and fails to reach out to the viewer for the purpose of fear interaction. Splice carriers a well amount of flare, but It's flat-lined feel will make it, oh so hard to finish.
½ September 27, 2016
Every possible lame ass cliche imaginable without any believable plot.
September 20, 2016
Interesting,and well acted movie,but ending kinda ruined it.
September 14, 2016
This film gets weird, then weirder, and then even more F'd up! It gave me nightmares and I'll probably never be the same. It might have made a more lasting scratch mark on my psyche than any other film I've seen. I think I loved it, but then, there might be something wrong with me. Yeah, I loved it!
September 5, 2016
It has its moments but ultimately, 'Splice' doesn't take advantage of its premise nowhere near as much as it should and some of the slightly disturbing sexual scenes feel as though they have been thrown in to halt boredom. It is rather disappointing.
½ August 11, 2016
Good movie! A weird plot but I like how it developed.
July 20, 2016
This was a very good movie and "different" than others you might see. I liked it a lot.
½ July 14, 2016
This movie feels like a more emotional Species (Donaldson 1995). The first 30 minutes or so are interesting but, as the storyline unfolds, it becomes more and more ludicrous.
July 11, 2016
Weird. And not in a good way.
½ June 19, 2016
Interesting, creature was cute at first. Kinda disturbing when it banged the girl.
½ May 26, 2016
Rips open the tender subject of genetic modification, and takes the concept about 200 feet over the line. It's a very uncomfortable film to watch because it brings you face to face with very difficult questions.
½ March 5, 2016
½ January 22, 2016
It starts off interestingly enough, but descends from weird to sleazy to dumb horror cliche. It falls off the rails when Adrian Brody screws the experiment, literally. It makes no sense and is just twisted.
½ December 30, 2015
It was disapointing to see such an intriguing and interesting premise develop into an entertaining story and then get destroyed radically in the last 10 minutes. The climax just felt wrong, like it didn't belong with the rest of the movie. I wish the writers had done something different with the ending, but I have to praise the film for being so enjoyable up until that point.
December 23, 2015
yo suelo desayunarme malos titulos, pero este es un puto ascoooooooooo
½ November 10, 2015
A deeply thought-provoking film about the limits of science and the creation of artificial life. Proposes the viewer to question their original opinion on the science of genetics, and what is worth paying for the prize of knowing how far life can come. With some of these being confronting as well as sympathetic.
Splice may have screwed with my head in more ways than one, it explores the emotions and responsibilities that come with the creation of life.
½ November 5, 2015
In a sea of remakes, one film breathes new life into the horror genre.
November 3, 2015
A horrifying cautionary tale. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should (including seeing this film).
October 29, 2015
I love the concept of the movie and I must say I understand all the logics of the script and all. It has a very promising start indeed but then because of the consistent logics behind it, I then started to loathe this movie to a certain extent that it makes me want to puke. Now I just hate this one and wish I have never seen Splice before. It is beyond R Rated...