Mary and Max - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mary and Max Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
September 12, 2016
A wonderfully sweet and beautiful movie!
August 30, 2016
Outstanding in every way possible, a must watch
August 29, 2016
Probably one of the most amazing movies I had ever seen, it wasn't only interesting, it was raw and realistic, probably not the best movie for children but I would show older or more mature children this.
½ July 14, 2016
An emotional masterpiece. Simultaneously sweet and sorrowful, childish and harsh, it has an eerie charm throughout. I can't think whether it's for everyone, but I'd recommend it just because of how well-crafted it is.
July 6, 2016
An extremely well made stop motion film with that will draw you in right from the start. The character development in here is so deep and I was so invested in the characters in it that the ending was really sad for me. The whole film has a melancholy feel to it that really isn't gone when the movie ends, but it works beautifully here in this masterpiece.
July 2, 2016
What a feel good movie. :(
July 1, 2016
Well-written and well-animated.
½ June 13, 2016
The depressing visuals overcome any sense of hope the story might be trying to bring across.
May 14, 2016
It hit all of the right notes for me and its overall tone complemented the dull gray color scheme by highlighting the slightly unconventional, the wryly humorous, the saddening and depressing, and the odd note of hope.
April 27, 2016
This is a lovely crafted stop-motion film. While watching it, I felt both depressed and touched at the same time. It's dark, it's emotional, it's funny, it's dramatic, it's inventive and I will recommend watching it.
½ April 17, 2016
Exquisite animation and emotional intrigue!
April 10, 2016
Witty and heart-warming in equal measure. Most certainly deserving of a larger audience.
March 14, 2016
A labor of love that delivers hard life lessons in a lighthearted and optimistic way.
March 10, 2016
"Mary and Max" is new and fresh, showing how important our relations with others really are, along with the bitter sadness and exuberant joy there can be in life. Along with chocolate hot dogs.
February 15, 2016
This top-motion animated film from Australia is definitely geared more towards adults. It is/was on the IMDB Top 250 list which is what put it on my radar. It's well made and interesting film dealing with loneliness. Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Toni Collete do some of the voices. A well-made and interesting film for people who like to try something different.
February 9, 2016
As a kid who grew up different and imperfect, awkward and clumsy, naive and ignorant, this film not only makes me laugh, it makes me cry. It's such a beautiful piece of childhood loneliness and the confusing parts of life, and how the people you surround yourself with make life worth living.

It's truly one of the best animated films I have ever seen and one of my favorite movies of all time.
February 2, 2016
This movie was never really made popular, but it's amazing. This is coming from a person who rarely watches cartoons or claymation. Now I'm a huge fan of them and can't wait for their next movie. The claymation is unreal. The actual storyline is perfect! So endearing, charming, with a mix of emotions- from happy to sad. MUST WATCH! Right now it's at 95% for a reason. Anyone who loves psychology or loves people would love this.
½ January 25, 2016
takes you down the dark alleys of your emotions. felt very sorry for the characters but realize that they donot need my pity because everyone fights through lifes problems in their own ways
January 23, 2016
Aimed for grown ups with kids in mind, more animated films like this should exist.
January 20, 2016
The dark tone and lighthearted animation style combine well to bring Adam Elliot's story to life. The relationship between Mary and Max is one that is so cleverly written that you will find yourself laughing and crying within mere moments of each other.