The End of the Line - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The End of the Line Reviews

½ September 11, 2013
Important documentary about the dangerously declining populations of sea life, particularly the major species we like to eat, but others as well, due to industrial fishing out of control. It started with the disappearance of the majority of the cod populations causing cod fishing to be banned in the Atlantic in 1992, as many remember. Unfortunately, we've moved on from cod and are systematically clearing out the rest. We're getting dangerously close to the collapse, and possible extinction, of many species of fish. It's much worse than you probably know.
October 20, 2012
I already knew about the problems of over fishing, but this film really gets the point home in shocking fashion. At this rate in 20-30 years the oceans will be practically empty.

The real shock for me was the result on the ecosystem of the ocean, and the effect on the oceans water. It's a delicate balance humans are blindly destroying.
June 26, 2012
Excellent documentary along with food inc and a crude awakening showing how ultimately we are doomed due to our greed/success at hunting/fishing etc
May 10, 2012
This sounds like a timely documentary.
April 23, 2012
Everyone should watch this and act.
March 29, 2012
Learned a couple new things.. Much more of the same.. Positive ending.
March 28, 2012
I have a trio of English papers to respond to that all deal with coral reef degradation and overfishing. I believe they all saw this movie, and I can see why they chose to research the topic. The eyes of the dying fish were in my dreams!
March 2, 2012
A powerful and well-researched account of the decline in fish stocks. It should make people sit up and take notice!
February 25, 2012
Everyone should watch this film and think about what they can do to have an impact in this enormous global issue whilst supporting the communities that depend on fishing. Answers on a postcard ...
January 18, 2012
Save the fish, save the Earth...

ini yang berawal dr Selatan Afrika bukan si...
January 3, 2012
An excellent, well written documentary. It just didn't have the finesse that other documentaries have achieved.
January 1, 2012
Everyone should watch this and act.
½ July 10, 2011
Ooit verwerkt tot panoramareportage en ook in een aflevering van Beagle aangehaald, maar de originele docu is verplichte kost. Zeker met de laatste berichtgeving rond het uitsterven van Tonijn in het geheugen.
June 1, 2011
the movie captures the problem well and gives us some needed solutions to the problem. It stresses how we can restore our fisheries without minimizing the challenges we must overcome to get there.
May 16, 2011
Hard-hitting look at the by now seemingly inevitable depletion of global fish stocks. We're so screwed.
May 15, 2011
"Where have all the fish gone? We have eaten 90% of it."
April 9, 2011
At Weber County Libraries?
½ April 5, 2011
Retards who should stop eating so much fish don't. They're all gonna be gone, so will your precious sushi, and so will all the other "special" animals without a food source. You can't save the whales. Give up.
½ March 20, 2011
After watching this movie, I'm giving up seafood for Lent ... even though I'm not Catholic. Thankfully this movie provides things we can do now to make a difference. So why don't we?