50/50 Reviews

• 4d ago

Equal parts romantic comedy and bittersweet drama, the film deftly balances the simplicity of its all-too-familiar story and the sophistication of its nuanced, warmly detailed characters.

• 5d ago

Commedia brillante e anti-convenzionale che porta il livello di umorismo perfetto in un contesto difficile e tosto da raccontare. Il film sa perfettamente quando deve far ridere e quando invece deve far pensare: questo pericoloso binomio, spesso mal interpretato nella maggior parte dei film su questo tema, trova un giusto compromesso con un bilanciamento perfetto dei dialoghi in una sceneggiatura semplicemente perfetta. C'è un'ottima caratterizzazione di tutti i personaggi che riescono a trasmettere risate ed emozioni sincere dall'inizio alla fine, tutto con un coinvolgimento nello spettatore davvero sopra la media.

• 5d ago

Heart warming, emotional and uplifting comedy. Gripping throughout with genuine characters with a great storyline

• 6d ago

JGL is great in all his roles. Heartfelt, funny, and a feel good movie all in one.

• Mar 19, 2020

Un film estremamente bello, molto leggero ma anche pesante allo stesso tempo. L'ho apprezzato dall'inizio alla fine ed ho adorato tutti i personaggi. Lo rivedrei con molto piacere.

• Mar 08, 2020

Somewhat surprising how good this one came out. It's emotional. It makes you want to appreciate the present and those around you because it could all go away faster than we expect.

• Feb 29, 2020

A real gem, I think, of 2011. One of the most heart-warming stories told about battling cancer in a young person's life, surrounded by his friends and loved whilst trying to conquer the trials that is 'adversity'. With a strong and clear direction, the writing pulsates with a profound beat and the performances given by Seth Rogan, Anna Kendrick and especially, Joseph Gorden Levitt, are frankly top notch. I was late to the viewing party on this film, but all that really matters is that I eventually showed up to experience it. All whom watch shall not be dissapointed.

• Feb 23, 2020

Sort of flat to me. Some good jokes. Gordon Levitt was terrible.

Sort of flat to me. Some good jokes. Gordon Levitt was terrible.

• Feb 11, 2020

This film balanced comedy with a serious topic nearly perfectly. The tone didn't seem out of place at any moment, and when it switched from funny to serious or vice versa, it made sense. Seth Rogen's character delivers most of the laughs, but even he turns around to have some touching moments. Anna Kendrick's character is the girl, even when we initially meet her as Adam's therapist, that we expect Adam to end up with at the movie's conclusion. Kendrick's character is the perfect girl next door, or in this case, the perfect cancer therapist. Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character, Adam, goes through his cancer with all the ups and downs (mostly downs) that'd we expect, but in the end, he triumphs. A good portion of this movie is sad, but the triumphant end makes it all worth it.

• Jan 28, 2020

One of Gordon Levitt's best performances. Hard to not shed a tear at some point while watching this movie.