50/50 Reviews

• Mar 17, 2021

This movie is a very heart warming movie. It makes you have a perspective of life, mainly when you feel like yours isn't so great. Just honestly love it. I cannot explain how this movie makes me feel but it's in a good way

• Mar 09, 2021

I enjoyed the film, it delves into the psychological struggle in accepting death, or as the protagonist puts it: I'm fine with dying, why nobody would just tell me that. Before changing his stance to: I haven't been to Canada, I haven't told a girl that I love her interactions are somewhat awkward, sometimes in a good and justified way, and some are not, for instance, the protagonist has an odd relationship with his parents at first, and though it's marginal, it sheds some light on how much of a "dick" you are when don't appreciate your mom's worry, who also deals with a husband with Alzheimer's and feels lonely, hence, she resorts to support groups. he also breaks up with his girlfriend, who cheated on him, due to constant stress and issues before his sickness. This shows how relationships are fragile during sickness, especially out of wedlock. He says in one scene: "it's not like you're my wife" giving her the option to bail out on him. I must say that his best friend as vulgar as he is, he's also genuine in his care of him and always tries to cheer him up, and added a much-needed sense of humor during these hard times. the story gets bleak towards the second half, a breakup, loss of mates at the hospital, awkwardness with parents and the therapist, and to top it off, the tumor isn't responding to the chemotherapy. however, the movie ends in a joyful tone, and things look up for him after all. He heals and shortly after starts dating his therapist and there the movie wraps up.

• Feb 02, 2021

50/50 has it charming moments, mainly due to its top notch cast, leaded by Joseph Gordon-Levitt and due to the well played soundtrack. It has its funny scenes, even not plenty of them. It seems that it starts falling into the cliches of the genre in the middle of its runtime, but in the end it worths the time.

• Jan 31, 2021

A mature film which meanders occasionally with silly jokes here and there, but is ultimately a winsome experience due to realistic acting of Gordon Lewitt

• Jan 24, 2021

Holy balling my eyes out Batman!

Holy balling my eyes out Batman!

• Jan 07, 2021

Dramma con tinte di commedia; questo film ha il potere di essere delicato e potente allo stesso tempo; una rarità. Joseph Gordon-Levitt è perfetto interprete, giovane quasi anaffettivo col resto del mondo, che subisce tutti gli stereotipi e l'ipocrisia dovute alla sua malattia. Seth Rogen è un perfetto contraltare, seppur a tratti leggermente esagerato. I dialoghi funzionano sempre e la chiave ironica è perfettamente eseguita; Anna Kendrick completa il terzetto con un altro personaggio molto interessante.

• Jan 04, 2021

This film is very beautiful because it manages to blend the fact that it is nice and the fact that it is very sad very well and it also manages to convey a beautiful message of hope

• Dec 26, 2020

Typically American take on the horror of cancer in the young. Too schmaltzy. Tries to be serious but fails. Loved the greyhound though.

• Dec 15, 2020

Hadn't a clue this is inspired by a true story, of which Seth Rogen was actually an integral part (see trivia at end of this review)! That's blown my mind... It balances comedy and drama really well, whilst traversing some difficult moments, and delivers a heart-warming movie. It's understated, and focusses on the relationships between the key characters, which is good, as it feels more 'life-like' as a result [[[ Interesting trivia, taken from IMDb - - Adam (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is based on screenwriter Will Reiser, who was diagnosed with cancer, and later recovered. Seth Rogen (Kyle) helped Reiser cope with his disease, and convinced him to write a screenplay during their early twenties together. Will Reiser makes a cameo during Adam's party. He tells Adam, "My uncle had what you have." ]]]

• Nov 29, 2020

I'm not one for shedding a tear, but the heart rending moments before Adam's (an excellent Levitt) life threatening surgery to remove a tumour on his spine, I found myself doing exactly that. Based on a true story centred on a seemingly healthy 27 year old's battle after he learns of his cancer diagnosis.