Airplane 2 - The Sequel Reviews

• Aug 08, 2019

The first "Airplane!" is easily one of the most hilarious spoof movies I have ever seen. The sequel is a far lesser movie, but it is still pretty funny. I found myself laughing at a decent number of the gags in this movie, particularly in the beginning. The movie does have a pretty bland story that treads similar waters as the first, but it isn't as memorable because the jokes aren't as effective. I think it's a silly movie that fans of the first can find some fun in, but as a whole, I can't see myself watching this movie again. I would much rather revisit the superior first movie that is a comedy classic in my books.

• Jul 09, 2019

Totally reunites the primary stars with the primary situation. Unfortunately using many primary jokes from the original. Still fun mostly due to its age (I remember seeing it in theaters when i was a kid and thinking to myself, ‘damn, these are all the same gags’)

• Feb 19, 2019

This movie - despite having been critically panned - is in actuality extremely funny, and remains as full of laughs as the first. It is difficult for me to understand why the ratings have been so harsh.

• Nov 07, 2018

This film was unwatchable.

This film was unwatchable.

• Aug 25, 2018

Seguito di cui io avrei fatto a meno. Non a livello del primo, nemmeno minimamente, né per la trama né soprattutto per momenti comici, battute e risate. Il primo lo ricordo con grande piacere e ci sono state delle scene che mi hanno fatto sbellicare dal ridere; questa pellicola invece intrattiene quanto basta ma sostengo che non era necessaria. Grazie a Dio ci sono attori del film precedente, come i protagonisti; peccato per l'assenza del personaggio di Rex Kramer, il mio preferito tra tutti. Pieno zeppo di riferimenti e citazioni al film del 1980 e anche ad altri di quegli anni. Bellissima la scena di E.T. a inizio film. Godibile, fa ridere, ma non tanto quanto il primo.

• Apr 19, 2018

This is the perfect example of trying too hard. Every shot is an exaggeration of seemingly satirical fantasy while completely failing to drive home either a laugh or a point. Avoid with a plague.

• Apr 15, 2018

Aww...but I loved Airplane II: The Sequel. I won't deny that this film's greatest fault is trying to follow the original too closely, but it still had plenty of moments (William Shatner's role is fucking hysterical). Despite similarities to its predecessor, I think that this sequel has plenty of its own comedic bite. I think that this film is a worthy comedy in its own right and one of the most underrated comedy sequels ever made alongside Beverly Hills Cop II, Kick-Ass 2, and Anchorman 2.

• Jan 18, 2018

Re-hashes a lot of 'Airplane!', whose sky-high standard it unfortunately doesn't meet. Spots of originality are genuinely funny, however, and often enthusiastically push all storyline aside! Good to watch with company.

• Jan 04, 2018

Airplane 2 has a story that makes so sense at all and feels like the original all over again. It uses the same jokes and storyline except now their IN SPACE! Overall, Airplane 2 feels like the same exact movie that the original was.

• Oct 17, 2017

The original Airplane was an amusing spoof on the disaster movie craze of the 1970s. These kinds of movies tend to throw a lot of jokes at the wall and are usually hit or miss. The best of the genre have more gags land that not, but here, there are so many jokes thrown at the screen that the fact that some land means little. There are also a lot of recycled jokes from the first movie, which makes me believe that there was little confidence in the new material. It isn't a complete waste of film however as it is briskly paced and at an hour and twenty minutes long, it doesn't out stay its welcome.