Alex Cross - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alex Cross Reviews

July 16, 2016
I felt this film was better second time around and not post watching Luther (which it has subtle reminders of), love the bad guy of the film, made for a good character, it's pretty easy watching, not too complicated for the film genre, but worth the watch.
June 19, 2016
Detective Alex Cross chases a psychopath killer in this tiring sequel to the famed character of "Kiss the Girls "and "Along Came a Spider ". This entry however offers nothing new to the series.
March 28, 2016
So intense. Makes me want to read the books. Love Tyler Perry in something more serious.
February 26, 2016
It has some good moments and some good acting but that's basically it everything else is kinda bad
½ January 29, 2016
Kind of ridiculous and cliched, certainly doesn't stand up to the other Alex Cross films.
September 29, 2015
Probably a bit under rated, but not a super impressive movie by any means. Apparently this is a remake of two original movies about our Alex Cross action hero/cop, but I've not seen them so don't know how this compares, or if seeing them would make me like this one less. Anyway overall the movie isn't great of terrible, just par and we've seen everything in it before. The acting is ok, Matthew Fox as the bad guy is the only one that really stands out, I quite enjoyed him performance. It was nice to Edward Burns again, as I quite liked him in Saving Private Ryan, so just him being here probably increases my review. Tyler Perry as the hero is an interesting choice, not the my first by any means, and doesn't really belong. Everyone else was ok, and the script was dull I guess. The pace was maybe a bit rushed, quick, which is good and bad. Nothing really stood out as being super interesting or grabbing your attention, and I almost fell asleep at one point, but I was very tired so it's not just the movies fault. The action isn't great, but wasn't bad either, just the typical action hero stuff we have seen a thousand times. The effects for gunshots and explosions where cheap, not finished, and overall unimpressive and fake. Passable movie, but no need to watch again, and doesn't stand out at all.
September 26, 2015
very good and sad to
September 12, 2015
Overacting, cliche screenwriting, and a total departure from the source text make this movie forgettable and far too long to watch. The movie would be better if it were like this review: short and sweet.
August 15, 2015
liked this movie only for the bad guy
July 19, 2015
It starts off ok, as a serial killer vs cops thriller but it loses it mojo when the story changes to a worst possible way and with it's barrel run, straight shoot from start to finish type of story, it offers nothing to viewers. The cast does what they can but it's not enough and Tyler Perry is nowhere near to Morgan Freeman when playing Alex Cross, nowhere.
July 14, 2015
I expected more from this. Sure, the plot wasn't bad, Matthew Fox nailed it as the bad guy, wow he was creepy. Otherwise I found thst the story was a little bland and Alex Cross wasn't as intense as Morgan Freeman version
½ June 26, 2015
Extremely underwhelming
½ June 25, 2015
This is the kind of movie that made me wish there was a way to give negative-star ratings. Ugh!
½ June 9, 2015
Quite alrightee, formulaic though.
June 7, 2015
I Don't Like Film Director Rob Cohen.
½ May 27, 2015
Generic lines, generic plot points. It was kind of boring but not boring enough to stop watching. What a missed opportunity
April 30, 2015
Almost everything wrong with this film can be summed up in Tyler Perry. Who thought he was an action star? He looks feminine even when slapping around a scientist. His inability to properly convey any emotion besides anger reminds me why he's madea more often than not. His fight scenes are the worst I've seen since Daredevil. His failure at technical jargon makes it worse. Alex Cross has a doctorate in psychology, but the way Perry spews dialog like he has a speech impediment makes you wonder about what college he went to. i wish this was all that's wrong with this film but...the final action sequence is cliched and predictable, but made all the worse because it's a prequel to both Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider so YOU KNOW ALEX CROSS SURVIVES THIS! And if you didn't you should have figured it out when Mrs. Cross is killed! Speaking of the other Alex cross films, what happened to the criminal behavioral analysis they pay Alex Cross for? The detective work in this film is just as laughable as the detective work in Batman Forever. But I'm going to give it a star just for having a black man in the lead, being a husband and father with a job. All in all an example of what not to do.
½ April 25, 2015
I'm only liking it for Matthew Fox's finest performance!
½ April 16, 2015
Maybe the plot is way to obvious and maybe it was a poor start to a franchise building movie it tries to be deep and meaningful without being deep and meaningful. Cat and mouse thriller that in the end just doesn't deliver
March 31, 2015
I've read a couple of these novels, and Tyler Perry is miscast as the title character. He doesn't have the acting chops to pull of the range needed for the role. He didn't even look comfortable as Cross. The story is better than average and the performance by Fox as Picasso makes it watchable. Keep you expectations low and you may like it.