Alex Cross - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alex Cross Reviews

October 7, 2016
Rob Cohen directing Tyler Perry as Alex Cross; WHO THE F*CK THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?
October 2, 2016
I tell Tyler Perry did a great job im playing his part because he was out of character
½ September 14, 2016
Not as bad as I heard. Tyler Perry just doesn't have the clout for the role unfortunately and that's a major flaw of the film
½ September 11, 2016
Great movie and really good role for Tyler Perry to expand his acting skills.
September 3, 2016
Alex Cross follows the young homicide detective/psychologist (Tyler Perry), from the worldwide best-selling novels by James Patterson, as he meets his match in a serial killer (Matthew Fox). The two face off in a high-stakes game of cat and mouse, but when the mission gets personal, Cross is pushed to the edge of his moral and psychological limits in this taut and exciting action thriller.
July 16, 2016
I felt this film was better second time around and not post watching Luther (which it has subtle reminders of), love the bad guy of the film, made for a good character, it's pretty easy watching, not too complicated for the film genre, but worth the watch.
June 19, 2016
Detective Alex Cross chases a psychopath killer in this tiring sequel to the famed character of "Kiss the Girls "and "Along Came a Spider ". This entry however offers nothing new to the series.
March 28, 2016
So intense. Makes me want to read the books. Love Tyler Perry in something more serious.
February 26, 2016
It has some good moments and some good acting but that's basically it everything else is kinda bad
½ January 29, 2016
Kind of ridiculous and cliched, certainly doesn't stand up to the other Alex Cross films.
September 29, 2015
Probably a bit under rated, but not a super impressive movie by any means. Apparently this is a remake of two original movies about our Alex Cross action hero/cop, but I've not seen them so don't know how this compares, or if seeing them would make me like this one less. Anyway overall the movie isn't great of terrible, just par and we've seen everything in it before. The acting is ok, Matthew Fox as the bad guy is the only one that really stands out, I quite enjoyed him performance. It was nice to Edward Burns again, as I quite liked him in Saving Private Ryan, so just him being here probably increases my review. Tyler Perry as the hero is an interesting choice, not the my first by any means, and doesn't really belong. Everyone else was ok, and the script was dull I guess. The pace was maybe a bit rushed, quick, which is good and bad. Nothing really stood out as being super interesting or grabbing your attention, and I almost fell asleep at one point, but I was very tired so it's not just the movies fault. The action isn't great, but wasn't bad either, just the typical action hero stuff we have seen a thousand times. The effects for gunshots and explosions where cheap, not finished, and overall unimpressive and fake. Passable movie, but no need to watch again, and doesn't stand out at all.
September 26, 2015
very good and sad to
September 12, 2015
Overacting, cliche screenwriting, and a total departure from the source text make this movie forgettable and far too long to watch. The movie would be better if it were like this review: short and sweet.
August 15, 2015
liked this movie only for the bad guy
July 19, 2015
It starts off ok, as a serial killer vs cops thriller but it loses it mojo when the story changes to a worst possible way and with it's barrel run, straight shoot from start to finish type of story, it offers nothing to viewers. The cast does what they can but it's not enough and Tyler Perry is nowhere near to Morgan Freeman when playing Alex Cross, nowhere.
July 14, 2015
I expected more from this. Sure, the plot wasn't bad, Matthew Fox nailed it as the bad guy, wow he was creepy. Otherwise I found thst the story was a little bland and Alex Cross wasn't as intense as Morgan Freeman version
½ June 26, 2015
Extremely underwhelming
½ June 25, 2015
This is the kind of movie that made me wish there was a way to give negative-star ratings. Ugh!
½ June 9, 2015
Quite alrightee, formulaic though.
June 7, 2015
I Don't Like Film Director Rob Cohen.