Apollo 13 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Apollo 13 Reviews

April 13, 2017
I am surprised that it has taken me this long to finally watch this film and even though it does suffer from some of the usual true life drama cliches and problems but with such a brilliant cast, cracking score, solid visuals and assured direction from Ron Howard this is a likable, entertaining and worthwhile film to watch.
April 1, 2017
I enjoy this movie sure, but felt like it could have been better. The best parts of the movie are the engineers and how the movie explains what processes they go through to figure out solutions to problems. The acting is definitely superb from the entire cast. But it wasn't great.
½ March 6, 2017
The suspense is palpable, which is incredible, given that we all know how the story ends. Howard is like an orchestra conductor, and this is his 7th Symphony.
February 9, 2017
Such a great movie. Everything about it is perfect.
½ January 9, 2017
This is Ron Howard's masterpiece. Everything from the special effects, acting, directing, cinematography are all great. You are on the edge of your seat from the moment they take off in Apollo 13. A truly great moment in the history of mankind.
January 6, 2017
An excellent edge of your seat movie about a space mission. Very inspirational.
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 3, 2017
Exciting from start to finish.
½ January 2, 2017
Apollo 13 is the true story of the three astronauts stranded in space that made it back home against massive odds. The cast is loaded with talent and everyone does a great job in the film. Ron Howard keeps the film interesting, despite the fact that movies filmed in space can be very hot and miss, he managed to keep me interested. The ending is very satisfying and emotional, Apollo 13 is a very good film to see
½ December 27, 2016
IncreĆ­ble, el suspenso es muy bueno y las actuaciones son impecables, los personajes son muy buenos e interpretados.
December 7, 2016
A work of art, truly tense as I sat on my seat
November 23, 2016
This movie portrays great examples of leadership, problem-solving and teamwork - all the things required to get the astronauts of Apollo 13 home safely. A superb movie that I always enjoy seeing time and time again.
½ November 21, 2016
Almost as soon as it gets lift off, "Apollo 13" never stops being a tense and entertaining true story pic with special effects that still hold up.
October 6, 2016
Truly a masterful work, with amazing actors and directing in making the tension and seriousness of the situation be felt.
September 24, 2016
Amazing true story. Brought together with a great cast, led by the always reliable Hanks. Huston, we have a problem, but I can't think of any with this film.
½ September 15, 2016
Based on true event. Intense and good drama. Tom Hanks, Bill Paxton and Gary Sinise were selected for Apollo 13 mission to land on Moon. Few weeks before launch, Gary is taken off the mission because of suspected measles. Kevin Bacon who is the backup crew was chosen to replace him. The launch was successful and on the 4th day in space when they were suppose to land, the oxygen tank coil shaken and destroy the tank, cause explosion to the chamber. Now the trio are stuck out there and ground control Ed Harris finds ways to save them back. They have to go to the escape pod for the rest of the trip to save power. Their 1st problem is oxygen running out and build up of CO2. A crew of engineers manage to solve the filter problem using what is available in the pod. Gary is been ask back to figure out how to get them to pilot back to Earth on limited power of 20 amp. After many failed attempts, Gary manage to find out how. The crew up there try and make it, landing at sea safely.
½ September 12, 2016
The tone sort of made the movie a little predictable, but it's still nicely done.
September 11, 2016
Maybe one of the best films ever.
August 28, 2016
In my opinion one of the all time great films. The perfect blend of comedy, suspense, action and drama which is made even better that it is based on a True Story. Hanks leads the cast superbly as Jim Lovell and this is one of the performances that defines his fantastic career. The score is also fantastic and really builds the suspense at key moments. The use of music during the re-entry scene is second to none.