Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (AVP 2) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (AVP 2) Reviews

September 21, 2018
3/5 for the unrated version only. Don't bother with the theatrical version, but the unrated version is incredible. It's ballsy, willing to go and places and kill people most movies wouldn't dare. The best film in either series since Aliens.
½ September 18, 2018
What's impressive is that they somehow managed to make a movie worse than the original.
½ September 17, 2018
A complete and utter abomination! One of the worst movies ever made!
September 17, 2018
One of the worst films ever made; writing, plot, direction, cinematography, action, horror, gore, effects, all are genuinely and shockingly awful, there is no tension or excitement to be had, only watch if mind-numbing, bucket-loads of blood pouring out of personality-less "characters" excites or interest you.
½ September 17, 2018
Boring and dull in colour and just has the worst story as the directors obviously had no idea what they were doing it's like a dumb slasher movie with aliens and predators that somehow manages to be worse than the first
September 15, 2018
A grim, dirty and gritty look into the franchise, but still a great movie in my opinion!!
September 14, 2018
As a die-hard fan of both franchises, I feel like this movie (story wise) got in better with both universes.
Acting wasn't terrible, but the God awful lighting makes whatever is happening in the screen almost pointless, since you can't actually SEE anything.
September 10, 2018
his is a bad movie. You know a movie stinks when even the sub-par Alien vs Predator seems like a masterpiece juxtaposed with it. For one everything is so dark you cannot even see anything at all. The fight sequences (the only reason to even bother with this film) are badly staged and what is worse is that there is no coherence to the script. The actors-if one can call them that- are paper cut outs and the best you can do with them as a audience is to place bets on who dies first. At least the original AvP had some redeeming factors such as nice locations, good actors and something barely resembling a plot. This film has none of those. It's a waste of money and even time(if you illegally downloaded this one). (Horrible movie you can barely comprehend).
August 17, 2018
A complete waste of time....maybe one of the worst films I've ever seen. The premise is interesting (probably what got me to watch in the first place), but the movie has abysmal writing, acting, directing, and it was literally impossible to see what was going on in many parts. Shame on the producers for allowing this abortion of a film to make it to the screen.
August 8, 2018
July 26, 2018
With seven films between them the titular monsters have no mystery surrounding them and so the problem at this stage is how to add anything new to the mix. The first crossover just managed by fleshing out some of the Predator mythology. Following on right where that left off, this tries two things, neither of which are a success. The 'PredAlien', an opportunity to bring in a novel source of horror, is naff and the small-town setting which could have provided a good set-up for an invasion movie, instead is used for a teen slasher flick, and a poorly acted and directed one at that. With a cast of useless civilians, none of whom are resourceful, there's no chance of them outsmarting or outfighting their attackers. This means there's no decent action the first two-thirds which consists of a series of unknown, uninteresting people dying, but unfortunately for us time is spent we each trying and failing to make us care about them. The final act picks up a tad by essentially ripping off the Resident Evil 2 video game in both plot and appearance, but really this is a sign the two franchises had reached their nadir.
July 16, 2018
The last one wasnt bad. The story is always crap, but the graphics are cool
June 20, 2018
Apart from the final action scene this movie is dull, poorly written and acted, and makes no sense regarding the alien/predator universe lore.
½ April 26, 2018
i actually thought this one was a lot better than the first. they had a better plot. what pleased me the most is how the aliens were not cgi, unlike the first avp. cgi just makes movies look like a sci-fi original movie. another thing that i really liked was how dark, wet, and gloomy the setting was.....very alien if you ask me!!!
March 25, 2018
If you are looking for an action movie as pointless as each Fast and the Furious reboot, then this is the perfect movie for you. The action is pretty good throughout, the characters are made purposefully to be Xeno food, and Juatja cannon fodder. Definately rotten
March 21, 2018
This film is perfect if your looking for; a thinly written story, cardboard characters with bad actors playing them, sloppy editing, lighting that's too dark to see anything and action sequences that somehow manage to be boring. Overall, a step backwards for an otherwise promising franchise.
½ March 19, 2018
Out of all the Alien and Predator franchise, a series stretching out for nearly 40 years, a cultural phenomenon that has wormed its way into all manner of media, and has produced no less than eleven official movie entries, Aliens vs Predator: Requiem is the worst. It's so blatantly obviously the worst that I don't think any Alien or Predator or even Alien vs Predator movie that we ever see from now until the end of time will ever unseat it as the worst.
March 17, 2018
This movie could have been so much better, but I spent over half of it wondering what the hell was going on! This movie is not well lit...at all! It probably has some of the worst cinematography that I have seen in a major film like this. I appreciated the gore, but the script needed work as well. It is still okay, but not enough for me to recommend it.
February 23, 2018
Another classic franchise burnt to a crisp. The whole point of the REAL alien movies was to make sure the alien Organism never reached earth but these two clowns who wrote this and claim to be life fans of the franchise decided it be a good idea to have them run around a hick town in modern day Denver attacking sheriffs, school jocks, class chicks, convicts, pizza delivery guys pregnant women and Doris the donkey. Seriously who thinks this stuff up well a pair of muppets do apparently. If you ever come across this abomination DVD chuck in the trash for the trash men to clean up in the morning. Gash off
½ February 18, 2018
The weakest movie in either one of the franchises, Aliens vs. Predator Requiem has good special effects and some of the action is still serviceable but they're weighed down by poor lighting, one-dimensional characters not worth caring about and wasting the potential of the Predalien. Beyond the Predalien, its barely even a sequel to the last movie. AVP-R is mostly nothing more than a slasher movie with action sequences. Good thing this movie ain't canon. Though there is a small easter egg regarding someone from the first Predator movie. But I doubt that this movie is canon.