Barb Wire Reviews

• Oct 13, 2020

this film is rough and ridiculous it is terrible

this film is rough and ridiculous it is terrible

• Aug 12, 2020

It is kind of awful in an amusing way. Pam was only ever known for one thing and acting wasn't it. She delivers what she can. Guilty pleasure of mine.

• Jul 07, 2020

The comic is a lot of fun, this is not. Pamela Anderson seems to think she really is in Casablanca, and is taking it that seriously. She is a terrible actress and can't pull it off.

• Feb 24, 2020

I've never seen Casablanca so I can't call this movie a blatant ripoff of it...oops. Though not knowing that doesn't make the movie any less awful. Sure, there's a few good action sequences and it does deliver on the more...arousing...things. But the acting is awful, there's no real reason to have the movie take place in the future of 2017 simply because there's nothing futuristic about the art direction, the dialogue is laughably bad and it doesn't have enough memorability to escape from Casablanca's shadow. Barb Wire is an awful softcore por- I mean comic book movie but the titillation should keep horny teens distracted for a while.

• May 08, 2019

quizas difiera mucho respecto al material original, pero como pelicula independiente logro engancharme con la simple historia y el roll de la protagonista antiheroina le quedo muy bien a pamela anderson

• Apr 14, 2019

Although there are some scenes that do not make sense, this film could be a little more appreciated in the comics genre.

• Feb 27, 2019

Not even a playboy/baywatch sex symbol can save this awful attempt of sci-fi cyber punk.

• Feb 26, 2019

It's soo gloriously awful, it almost needs to be seen as a curiosity. It actually had some cool things going for it, even if it's all pretty basic near-future nihilism, it could've been a campy great time if Pam Anderson wasn't soo wooden and boring in it.

• Apr 29, 2018

Pam Anderson at her peak hotness (17 inch waist!!!) in this cyber-punk fetishist post-apocalyptic film. The movie starts with the titular character stripping at a high-dollar club (though, it is painfully obvious a body-double was employed). (I saved you the work, it was Lowell's MA's finest, country music artist Tonya Watts substituting for Pam in the nude scenes.) Pam is an independent businesswoman during our country's second civil war in the far-off year of 2017, and ends up on the wrong side of everyone during the course of her dealings. Decent action kept me interested, but poor acting and terrible comedic timing keeps this from becoming a B-movie classic. Tiny Lister and Clint Howard have minor roles.

• Feb 26, 2018

Fun, silly, and not so high budget cheese. Worth a matinee.

Fun, silly, and not so high budget cheese. Worth a matinee.