Beowulf Reviews

• Sep 06, 2020

What the flip is this movie. It's just one long video game cutscene. If this movie was a video game, it would be amazing but it's not, it's a movie and it sucked.

• Aug 25, 2020

It's so erotic... The king's wife is also very erotic, and the female monster coming out later also comes out naked. Of course, she has a sexy body with big breasts and ass.

• Aug 19, 2020

this film is pretty good.

this film is pretty good.

• May 08, 2020

Its animation and visual effects may have been groundbreaking for its time, but it hasn't aged well. And despite a solid cast and script, it doesn't have as many imagination and thrills as one should expect from this kind of films.

• Mar 30, 2020

Laughably pathetic flick. This is NOT a movie. It is 100% CGI. It is a cartoon, a modern day, higher tech version of a Saturday morning cartoon. It only roughly follows the story of Beowulf. It also insults Christianity, more of hollywood's anti-Christian rhetoric. Really stupid stuff throughout: Early on Beowulf decides to strip completely naked to help him defeat Grendel. Really dumb. For five minutes Beowulf runs, jumps, and swings around, completely naked as he fights Grendel in The Hall. A hand, a chair arm, etc. is always strategically located to cover the 2% of his anatomy. A naked Angelina Jolie is Grendal's mother who keeps seducing Danish kings to produce the next generation of her spawn... Save an hour & 54 minutes of your life that you can't get back and pass on this one...

• Jan 14, 2020

The Polar Express is a classic. But "Beowulf" is the stuff of legends! Skyrim meets Motion Capture Technology!!!

• Jan 13, 2020

While filled with unnecessary change, The movie succeeds at creating not only a spectacular looking film, but an amazing adventure filled with pure entertainment.

• Nov 19, 2019

The epic Anglo-Saxon poem of Beowulf has surprisingly lacked cinematic attention over the years. The 2007 CGI animated Beowulf stays somewhat close to the ancient tale, though is oddly soaked with graphic and explicit content for a PG-13 animated film. The cast does well narratively, the animation was good for it's time and Idina Menzel lends her vocals for the closing song. Though Beowulf won't stun the average viewer, fans of the epic tale should give the film a chance.

• Jun 10, 2019

If "Beowulf" didn't have such impressive animation, I may have even considered it to be a bad movie. The action sequences are decent but the story felt somewhat bland and the characters didn't really have much complexity. I think the moments where something fast and exciting was happening were fun, but the rest of it had moments that bored me. The movie mostly had my interest because I really liked the animation style. I like the other animation efforts from Robert Zemeckis more than this movie but this one was okay if you are more in the mood to watch something more edgy and less family friendly.

• Apr 26, 2019

Such an underrated movie. It's beautifully animated, action-packed and super enjoyable.