Bewitched - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bewitched Reviews

October 8, 2016
People are under-rating this movie bc of its title and the original show. How tf does that matter? "Bewitched" is a good comedy, who cares about the background or the aim? Movies are for entertainment.
August 9, 2016
I Know Ms. Uramkin Has Seen The TV Show Bewitched, She Went To This Movie When It Came Out In Movie Theaters Back In 2005, She Told Me The Film Adaptation Of Bewitched Got Panned By Film Critics Because It Did Not Live Up To The Original TV Show, Tyler Told Me Bewitched Was So Romantic.
July 30, 2016
Has some really funny parts and some that fall flat
½ July 26, 2016
Bewitched is hilarious and heartwarming. Bewitched is based off of the tv series Bewitched. But, you don't have to see any of the episodes of the tv series to see the movie. This movie is a perfect romantic comedy and it is another great Will Ferrell movie. I would very much suggest this movie.
July 3, 2016
Throughout this movie it seemed like I was watching Meg Ryan not Nicole Kidman....well of course...directed by Nora Ephron...Nicole is capable of acting such circles around Meg Ryan....why????
June 20, 2016
I didn't really like Will Ferrell in this. He just played the part really terrible altogether
½ June 11, 2016
Silly remake of classic TV series.
May 12, 2016
"Toyo-o, the third child, was a handsome youth with a predilection for learning and cultural pursuits"
How can Will Ferrell play my character? Turning my character from an intellectual being, to an array of comedy is just pathetic. First of all, I'm way better looking than Mr. Ferrell. Secondly, what makes anyone think they can reenact my real life struggles into a movie. I have struggled my whole life to find satisfaction. The comedic tone is very hurtful and upsetting.
May 5, 2016
I don't m ow what everyone's problem with this movie is. Maybe we lost our ability to just be entertained, but I thought it was fun.
½ March 15, 2016
This recent spin-off got bad reviews, but it's an enjoyable rainy afternoon movie. Yes it's fluffy and inconsequential, but so was the TV series. It was a fair idea to make it a story within a story, and not just a re-run of the ubiquitous sitcom. Nicole Kidman is charming and vulnerable as Samantha/Isobel, her performance owing more to Marilyn Monroe than Elizabeth Montgomery, while Michael Caine, Shirley MacLaine and Steve Carell lend strong comic support.
½ March 11, 2016
Bewitched, have a charme made by yours actors, and for be remember a classic series, in this case, the homonymy popular show with Elizabeth Montgomery. But the film, have a terrible screenplay, just like the direction of Nora Ephron, beyond this Bewitched don't have any kind of entertaining or funny. Rotten.
March 5, 2016
The Tv Series Was Amazing, This Shat Nope....
February 1, 2016
Cute idea, but ultimately fails to deliver.
January 16, 2016
I am a huge fan of michael caine, he is a best suit for his part. but the movie is so horrible that evet he couldn't let us out anyway.. nicole is wonderful as always, while will ferrel and his hammy sucks! script sucks! who wrote it?!
½ January 4, 2016
I thought the movie did have some funny moments with Will Ferrell at the lead, but they were too far between.
Kidman was delightful and sweet but it really felt forced throughout the film.
never did anything feel genuine.
I don't think the direction was in order, and I think that some of the talent was absolutely wasted.
The film is about a struggling but well known actor (played scattered by Ferrell) who is staring in a reboot of bewtiched. The idea isn't bad and Michael Caine has a fun cameo, it just is too all over the place and way too forced to take it as an above average comedy.
January 3, 2016
I've probably seen the original Bewitched series when I was younger, but I don't remember much from it, but even without seeing the series I could tell it didn't hold up well as a big screen Bewitched, rather a subpar look on Hollywood banter and a weird storyline and characters that go with it. Bewitched, in a word, is disappointing.
Isabel Bigelow gets the lead role alongside self centered Hollywood has been Jack Wyatt in a TV reboot of the classic 60s sitcom Bewitched. What nobody knows is Isabel really is a witch, trying to tackle a newfound love for her cast member.
For fans of the Bewitched series, prepare to be majorly disappointed. Instead of a modern day reboot with our classic characters, we're treated to more of the Hollywood behind the scenes lifestyle, concerned about new characters instead of TV fan favorites. Bewitched is a confused film. The characters and humor are off Kidman does a good job in her performance but her character starts off especially bland and normal. I always tend to like Will Ferrell and I can't lie that I still liked him in this, albeit a little goofier and surreal than his typical characters. Most characters don't even make a difference and aren't even funny, such as Isabel's father, played by Michael Caine. His sole purpose to disapprove of things that never escalate, he's pretty much just there because, hey, we got Michael Caine to agree to be in this. The humor is primarily goofy and overdone. The story is a typical and dragged out love story that bears resemblances to the original Bewitched, albeit in a charming real life sense. The film would be better off like The Brady Bunch Movie was - using characters we all know and love is why we want to see the film, instead we are treated to a Hollywood memoir that feels personal at times. It's a disappointing and stupid move not to use traits from the show but instead small resemblances. Bewitched fails to deliver and is disappointing to fans, even with an ahead of its time cast of comedians (Ferrell, Carell, Colbert, etc.).
December 30, 2015
An ok adaptation. Was hoping for more.
December 16, 2015
Interesting film and can be entertaining
October 9, 2015
I don't get what all the fuss is about! This is a FANTASTIC movie........ I just can't stop watching it :0 Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell have the greatest chemistry. Nicole plays the part so well. so adorable!!!! This movie is full of laughs and romance. I love the modern - day technology used with the witches tricks. The storyline is written really well aswell as acted out amazing! Will Ferrell is hilarious as always, although all the screaming kind of got annoying. Overall, BEST MOVIE EVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!