Bhaag Milkha Bhaag - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bhaag Milkha Bhaag Reviews

August 21, 2016
84%
Saw this on 21/8/16
An ambitious film that manages to lose hold of the predictability because of a taut execution. Farhan Akthar is remarkable as Milkha.
½ February 2, 2016
A gripping take on the life and achievement of the sports icon.
December 13, 2015
Finally a movie that is worth watching for the sports in it that the nation did not follow. It takes a movie to bring someone's achievements into light. Exhilarating performance by Farhan Akhtar. Run time is a bit of let down with 3.07 hours
½ October 18, 2015
Based on the life of Milka Singh a.k.a. The Flying Sikh, this movie unexpectedly turned out to be an amazing movie. Farhan Akhtar gave his best performance as an actor yet and was the life of the movie. The movie wouldn't have been same if it wasn't for him and the brilliant direction by Rakeysh Mehra.
½ April 21, 2015
Good movie! Good Star cast. Awesome songs! Got goosebumps during the finale race...Deducting half point for adding few unnecessary scenes!!
January 20, 2015
This won Best movie at the 2013 Filmfare Awards, so I got down to watching it tonight, after my hindi teacher recently recommended it. Farhan Akhtar gives an outstanding performance as Milkha Singh, the real life Olympian runner from India, who began his life in India as a child refugee who fled Punjab during the 1947 partitioning after witnessing his parents being killed. It's an inspiring story that reminds us of the power of the human spirit. Especially poignant is the part where Milkha visits his old village in Pakistan and sobs to recall everything, then finds out an old friend survived. After this take place, the imagery of him running alongside his young self at the end is really poignant. The child is smiling again. Healing.. Beautiful! I like the music score too, especially the tunes with banjo :) The director is Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, who also directed Rang de Basanti and Delhi-6. I rank this No.2 after Delhi-6.
December 26, 2014
Best Bollywood Sport Movie EVER ..No words to say.....All Must SEE .
December 24, 2014
??? ???????, ?????????? ?? ????? ??? ???? ?????? ??????? ???????? ????? ????????!
December 23, 2014
Farhan Akhtar's determination towards the movie is just great
October 5, 2014
This is an engrossing, moving, and very well directed biopic. It continually inspires you and at the same time keeps you very interested. Despite its 3 hour runtime, I never really found myself bored but I did prefer certain segments over others for sure. The movie also hits a lot of mature and emotional themes that resonated for sure. Despite the dark moments, the film is ultimately an uplifting one that will leave you with more of a happy feeling since its a story of triumph and perseverance.
September 16, 2014
A rare sports biography done right from India, anchored by an astonishing performance from Farhan Akhter (the least of which is the amazing physical transformation he achieved solely for the film). There are attempts of myth making, but it all make for a rousing experience for more than 3 hours.
July 17, 2014
It was just okayish. watchable once.
½ April 21, 2014
Brilliant, Inspirational, Farhan Akthar is brilliant
March 4, 2014
the best indian film ive seen in my liife
March 1, 2014
I guess the most obvious thing to say about the movie is that it keeps reminding you that its unnecessarily long. There are too many scenes which one feels could have been left out completely. The cast did their best but they did not look like their roles were very well defined. All in all its a good education on the life and trials of Milkha Singh but fails to rise above a biography feel.
½ February 24, 2014
It was an inspiring performance by Farhan on Milkha Singh's biopic. A movie for everyone.
February 21, 2014
I would have rated this movie a bit weaker if it wasn't an Indian movie. But being one, it deserves recognition and applause for setting outside the stereotypical Bollywood and for celebrating a true national hero.
February 8, 2014
Om Prakash doesn't disappoint at all, proving he is not a one hit wonder. Loved it and really enjoyed it!
January 22, 2014
It really is a challenge to adapt a real-life story into a powerful script, but Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra amazingly achieved this feat with flying colors. This is definitely up there with Rang De Basanti as one of the industry's best dramas. Farhan Akhtar performed brilliantly, proving once again that he is as good an actor as he is a director.