Bhaag Milkha Bhaag Reviews

• Feb 13, 2020

While many of the nuances in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's sports biopic 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', are undone towards the period approach of the film, it all is bound again by the solid performance and dialogue of its principle strength: Farhan Akhter. The actor delivers a beautiful performance as the Sikh sprinter despite the lacklustre writing. Thankfully, the music also propels the game in the correct direction. But doesn't any of it not matter, when the direction is insipid and boring? Nevertheless, what keeps the film astoundingly afloat is it's maturity. The film isn't a childish and whimsical portrayal and gives us a bolder picture to the portrayal of the flying Sikh. Thankfully, the heart's also in the right place.

• Dec 22, 2019

One star for story. Minus four for worst actor Akhtar

One star for story. Minus four for worst actor Akhtar

• Aug 21, 2016

84% Saw this on 21/8/16 An ambitious film that manages to lose hold of the predictability because of a taut execution. Farhan Akthar is remarkable as Milkha.

• Feb 02, 2016

A gripping take on the life and achievement of the sports icon.

A gripping take on the life and achievement of the sports icon.

• Dec 13, 2015

Finally a movie that is worth watching for the sports in it that the nation did not follow. It takes a movie to bring someone's achievements into light. Exhilarating performance by Farhan Akhtar. Run time is a bit of let down with 3.07 hours

• Oct 18, 2015

Based on the life of Milka Singh a.k.a. The Flying Sikh, this movie unexpectedly turned out to be an amazing movie. Farhan Akhtar gave his best performance as an actor yet and was the life of the movie. The movie wouldn't have been same if it wasn't for him and the brilliant direction by Rakeysh Mehra.

• Apr 21, 2015

Good movie! Good Star cast. Awesome songs! Got goosebumps during the finale race...Deducting half point for adding few unnecessary scenes!!

• Jan 20, 2015

This won Best movie at the 2013 Filmfare Awards, so I got down to watching it tonight, after my hindi teacher recently recommended it. Farhan Akhtar gives an outstanding performance as Milkha Singh, the real life Olympian runner from India, who began his life in India as a child refugee who fled Punjab during the 1947 partitioning after witnessing his parents being killed. It's an inspiring story that reminds us of the power of the human spirit. Especially poignant is the part where Milkha visits his old village in Pakistan and sobs to recall everything, then finds out an old friend survived. After this take place, the imagery of him running alongside his young self at the end is really poignant. The child is smiling again. Healing.. Beautiful! I like the music score too, especially the tunes with banjo :) The director is Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, who also directed Rang de Basanti and Delhi-6. I rank this No.2 after Delhi-6.

• Dec 26, 2014

Best Bollywood Sport Movie EVER ..No words to say.....All Must SEE .

Best Bollywood Sport Movie EVER ..No words to say.....All Must SEE .

• Dec 24, 2014

??? ???????, ?????????? ?? ????? ??? ???? ?????? ??????? ???????? ????? ????????!