Big Reviews

• 2h ago

That's so cool how they show the first iterations of computerized RPG games in the 80's. I can totally relate to this kid lol. The way his parents are telling him to do chores while he's trying to enjoy a video game couldn't be any more annoying. I love how they capture the nostalgia and aesthetic of being a gamer kid in the 80's. I like how creepy the Zoltar make a wish machine looked. Wow, a young Tom Hanks. Man, what a handsome guy, I never realized how nice his green eyes were. I bet this movie's going to be about growing up and how when we're young, we wish were older, and when we're older, we wish we were young. That was a great wide-angle shot of the Brooklyn Bridge. That hotel room looks like it belongs on the set of a horror movie, it looks so decrepit. I thought it was funny how the Puerto Rican guy starts yelling in Spanish into the hotel phone and Josh starts crying out of fear. I can also empathize with the fear that he's feeling, so at the same time I felt bad for him. How old was Robert Loggia in this movie? That was pretty impressive how he was able to play that foot piano so energetically and flexibly. It's funny how Josh became vice president of the toy company in just a week of being there by being himself and impressing the CEO with his piano skills. It's funny how the marketing guy of the company thinks Josh was sent from some other toy company. And even though the marketing guy is kind of the "antagonist", he was still funny. Omg, I love how the song "Forget Me Nots" started playing when Susan and Josh enter his apartment, iconic moment. I love the look and aesthetic of Josh's place, I'm definitely getting some inspiration from it right now. I loved that trampoline scene. Reminds me of how joyless adults can get as they get older and how important it is to remind ourselves that we're still alive. The younger playful versions of ourselves still exists in us and will always be a part of us. I love the way he joyfully strolls out of the elevator the next morning at work after having gotten laid the night before. The cinematography is actually outstanding, I'm kind of surprised by how well thought out and executed it was. I enjoyed it's playful and lighthearted tone. Although, I couldn't help but feel kind of disturbed and uneasy while watching certain parts of the movie, especially the hotel scene. It feels like they're trying to make commentary on child kidnappings and underage sex throughout the movie. It's oddly dark in that regard, but it doesn't really take away from the movie, it just acts as very dark side commentary. I loved Tom Hanks' playful portrayal of a kid in a grown up's body. He's got a great knack for physical humor and comedic delivery. This movie had me laughing really hard during some moments. The cast is full of charming and likable characters. I can't believe the movie got a PG rating even with the F and A curse words! My question is where is Josh's dad for all of this? We see him at the beginning and then he just disappears from the whole movie leaving only his mom as the only one who's actively worried about him. Not the strongest ending ever. I thought he was going to wish for himself and for Susan to both be kids again, but he only wished it for himself. Which I guess makes sense, he was prioritizing his childhood over being a grown up with responsibilities. Good choice Josh, good choice lol. There are several plot holes throughout the movie, but I guess we can just ignore those since the overall tone of the movie is silly and the premise is purely fantasy. Overall, it was a nice little 80's comedy. Although it didn't amaze me or blow my mind, it was fun and I had a good time watching it.

• Sep 21, 2022

why is it rated pg it should pg 13 or r because it says badwords ALOT! but mostly I HATE the word oh my go* why 20th century fox. why did you make this movie 20th century fox whyowhy PLEASE its too grown-up-ish I'm only a KID! Sh** Go*Da** a** fuc* a****** oh my go* And more bad words

• Sep 15, 2022

A PG 80's film that is really more suited for adults. Harmless 80's fare with a ho-hum kind of romance and hilarious early performance from Tom Hanks.

• Jun 13, 2022

This movie was not in my watchlist but just watched it as it came on disney+ home screen. I watched it and enjoyed every second of it. It was lovely movie which lovely acting by the cast especially Tom Hanks. The direction was also good and to the point. Overall, it was a good and lovely movie which I would recommend to everyone.

• Jan 11, 2022

Very fun and funny classic. Definite must watch.

Very fun and funny classic. Definite must watch.

• Jan 09, 2022

One of my new favourite movies! A wonderful, magical, clever film.

One of my new favourite movies! A wonderful, magical, clever film.

• Dec 30, 2021

Big is a classic film I've seen multiple times as a kid. The idea of the film was very intriguing because as a kid everyone wants to know how they would look and turn out when they're "Big". This is a very classic Tom Hanks movie and it showcases a young pre-teen who wishes he was bigger but he soon realizes that life is a lot tougher. In the beginning, he loves all the new benefits of being an adult but he later has to wish he could transform back. I liked how he found his love life as an adult but unfortunately, he had to return back to his ordinary life. In a way, the idea of the character change and the lesson he learnt was valuable and I think it was a little sad at the end. Watch it if you like classics but I swear it's not bad.

• Dec 28, 2021

Too cute, too funny.

Too cute, too funny.

• Nov 10, 2021

Such a great script accompanied by a career-defining performance from Tom Hanks.

• Oct 07, 2021

Big is obviously a film ment for all ages from it's premise to it's comedy, making it endlessly entertaining and enjoyable. The performances really bring the story to life and make every childlike movement believable to the point where i genuinely got emotional in a story about a little kid in Tom Hanks' body. The story is well paced and has a good series of montages to keep the plot going and advance the character development that the main kid goes for. At no point was i bored or not enjoying myself immensely. The beginning sets up the story well with a genuinely creepy funfair that left you on the edge of your seat, and as soon as the film gets going it's even better, with an actually likeable and believable love interest that they managed to pull off without making it seem creepy that he was dating a grown woman. The story from then on is simple but extremely effective, filled with childlike whimsy and fun. If i had one problem it's that it's a bit too simple but i really think they took the concept to the extent they could have done without making it too jam packed or without taking the emotion away. I also love the ending of this film, that makes use of the simplicity of the story and, at least to me, doesn't feel weird or forced. What a fun premise carried out in a family fun way.