The Bone Collector - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bone Collector Reviews

November 12, 2017
Having enjoyed the books I couldn't understand why more of these hadn't been made, I can now understand why. Jolie is very bland in the role and although Denzel Washington is good as Lincoln Rhyme he is somewhat hampered by the technology of the time looking so dated. This would much better suit a TV series nowadays rather than a feature film.
October 9, 2017
Well played. I'd watch it again.

A crime scene investigator is paralyzed and uses a beat cop to help with finding a serial killer who kills with bizarre methods.
½ September 2, 2017
Denzel Washington plays a paraplegic forensic detective who collaborates with a super-smart street cop played by Angelina Jolie to track down an elusive serial killer who sends taunting messages at the site of each of his victim's crime scenes. While the twist at the end is pretty easy to figure out about a quarter of the way through the film, getting there proves to be fairly entertaining. Washington and Jolie do commendable jobs of creating everyday heroes as they race against time to put a stop to the madness and mayhem. Queen Latifah, Michael Rooker, Ed O'Neill, and Leland Orser lend passable support as characters surrounding the events. It tends to play it safe a bit too much but still manages to keep our attention throughout.
½ July 23, 2017
A paralyzed detective that uses another cop as his eyes and hands on the ground is a lovable story. Yet the villain and mystery doesnt really make any sense unlike other crime films. Thats the big drag for this film. But the ending on how a paralyzed man defend himself from the killer is just epic.
½ July 6, 2017
Why the film critics hate this movie? This is one of my favorite serial killer movie that has interesting plot, awesome acting and great directing and scoring. Whole movie was intense with question marks and you get that eerie cult discovery feeling throughout the movie with a touch of humanity that keeps you believing life can't be this awful.
June 1, 2017
Angelina's real break out movie rolls after gia and it worked loved the books wish they had done more
½ March 15, 2017
It's a weakly brewed crime thriller with an anticlimactic ending. Just watch David Fincher's 'Seven' instead.
February 6, 2017
I enjoyed this one, good action murder mystery that kept you guessing until the end, great cast too
½ January 1, 2017
A decent murder-mystery, with Washington being all class and a young Jolie playing an up-and-coming detective - both trying to solve some gruesome murders. Some great shots of New York, and an OK ending.
July 8, 2016
Denzel carries this film, Jolie is a bit dull, plot not too exciting.
January 16, 2016
Absolute classic. Very well done.
December 26, 2015
I remember how everyone started the fuss about Angelia Jolie and then after years, I had finally watched it. Then I realized that she is really good in it.
½ August 23, 2015
Washington and Jolie are interesting to watch, but the plots stumbles along with dialogue and character development that leads to a disappointing end.
June 16, 2015
SUMMARY: A former detective due to an accident in a tunnel becomes a quadriplegic and now joins a rookie to hunt down a sadistic serial killer who leaves clues in a cat and mouse game. REVIEW: This is a good cop movie and an excellent thriller. Denzel Washington and Angolina Jolie are casted perfectly for their roles here. They both did a fabulous job with pertraying their characters and making a good cop duo. They were very convincing in their cop roles. There's enough thrills and excitement to keep you interested in the movie. No matter how many movies that are done in the same cat and mouse scenario I enjoy them. This one was a little more gritty and well thought out. The clues and evidence were pointed out perfectly for the crime to be solved in a understanding way. The Bone Collector in my opinion is an awesome thriller that was casted greatly and acted out brilliantly. A perfect movie for someone who seeks thrills and suspense and a little love story too.
½ May 22, 2015
The cast is talented,too bad the script is not.
½ February 5, 2015
It tries to be Silence of the Lambs, and fails miserably.
January 5, 2015
An adaption of the first of Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series novel of the same name with Denzel Washington playing the quadriplegic, Rhyme and Angelina Jolie playing Amelia Sachs.
Great chemistry between the two leads in this cat mouse thriller.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Serial killer movies are always welcomed. They are exciting and fun to follow for the most time. This movie had some great moments with the talent Denzel W and Angelina Jolie as the detectives. Story was good and pretty nice thriller scenes but could have been more scary if i must say some negative about it. Overall a well worth seeing flick.
½ December 20, 2014
good cast, great plot, very interesting, overall good film
½ November 14, 2014