The Boondock Saints Reviews

• 4d ago

The comedy derives from the ridiculous incompetencies of the protagonists and antagonists. Too often the film relies on its over-the-top self awareness to deliver the laughs, but there's enough here to warrant a watch or two.

• Oct 15, 2020

What a remarkable divide. The "critics" say 28%, and the stupid common people like me say 91%. I'm not sure I've ever seen quite a gulf in opinions. Then again, just look at the garbage that commonly wins awards, and you'll see and know all you need to about "critics". I love The Boondock Saints for a lot of reasons. Defoe is absolutely brilliant as the eccentric, over the top gay Fed in charge of the investigation. Both pre-The Walking Dead Norman Reedus, and Sean Patrick Flannery are able to capture some sort of magic as very believable Brothers, committed deeply to one another, instantly willing to die for each other, tough, and in a way very authentic Boston locals. The movie has spot-on humor, fun (albeit at times a bit convenient) action that isn't over the top, and above all, it touches a nerve for a lot of us, myself included. Taking deep pride in family first, the bond of blood, and the fantasy of taking vengeance on those who deserve it. "When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon my enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh Lord, raise me to thy right hand, and count me amongst they Saints"

• Sep 26, 2020

It's a cult classic. It's a great action movie with great actors

It's a cult classic. It's a great action movie with great actors

• Sep 24, 2020

Natural Born Killers meets John Wick. A story of justice done in a gritty Irish Italian kind of way. The good guys are both regular Joe's but also larger than life. Certainly some dark humor as well as cold justice. This was just a fun movie, plain and simple. If you like crime movies like Lockstock and Snatch, you'll probably like this movie too. I find myself wanting to see more of this, shootem up cool dark comedy action movie.

• Sep 17, 2020

Hands down my favorite movie with Irish-American twins! Who kick butt. And take no...names. And speak tons of languages! "In Nomine Patris..."

• Sep 17, 2020

Excellent. One of my favorites of all times. Great acting and script. Williem Dafoe , incredible.

• Sep 13, 2020

Ok, am I watching a live action cartoon? What the hell is going on? Lol. Am I supposed to believe that this is real? The dialogue is pretty funny at times. "I ain't getting him no f***ing bagel". This movie is so ridiculous. There's so many things that are so outlandish and can't happen in real life that it's almost comical to watch. That alley scene with the Russians is mainly what I'm talking about. There's no way the guy jumped from the top of the building down and landed perfectly right on the other guy. And then the Matrix-like music! Oh my god, comedy gold. There's so many mistakes and flaws in this movie but it just adds to the humor and ridiculousness of it all and adds charm to it. Oh my god!! Ron Jeremy! I never would have thought I would see the day when I see a Ron Jeremey cameo. But there it is. And why does he look like fat Elvis Presley? Lmao. Wow that joke was pretty distasteful. "Cuddle? What a f*g". When he's the one in bed with a hairless Filipino man. Lmao. Wtf is this movie. That was pretty badass how they shot all the Russian crime members while hanging upside down. Stupidly outrageous but awesome. Even though Norman Reedus looses his Irish accent every now and then, I still love the man. Willem Dafoe having an orgasm during the whole shootout scene and watching him lose his shit in front of the house was amazing. What an insane man, but I love him. Like wtf?! Lol. This movie's as ridiculous and over-bloated as Highlander but that's what makes these movies so fu**ing great. It's almost like Troy Duffy watched a bunch of cop movies from the 70's and 80's took the attitude from them, over bloated them, and then took a format of over stylization and then over bloated that. And the result is something of absolute beauty. Tarantino would be proud. This movie is over bloated, over stylized, over exaggerated, and just one big ridiculous and outrageous mess… and I fu**ing loved every minute of it. Now I know, whenever I want to laugh hard and have a good time watching a movie, I'll be sure to revisit this one.

• Sep 08, 2020

Pretty good entertaining movie starring norman reedus and the guy from Spider-Man. I had fun with this movie and the first 35 minutes of this movie was pure gold but after that it just went down hill.

• Sep 06, 2020

Funny and with interesting characters and action that kept it from getting boring. Had a pretty decent vigilante plot. The ending was a cool surprise.

• Aug 14, 2020

Iconic. When this was released it quickly spread through my friends as the film to watch. Sure it is overly violent but the overall narative and catchy one liners left my friends and I watching it religiously. It has a cult following for a very good reason. Enjoy!