Reviews

• Aug 15, 2021

For such a simple plot, it really is emotionally affecting. A really sweet film with a lot of heart and rawness to the emotions. Will make you homesick just watching it.

• Jul 22, 2021

Simple yet amazing story about love,commitment and specially on life of people who live away from home to work and get a better life by making sacrifice.

• Jul 19, 2021

"Brooklyn" is not a great movie, but there are a lot of positive things to say about it. The movie is very well made and the cast does very well in their respective roles. Saoirse Ronan is very good in her Academy Award nominated performance. The movie's locations help add to the movie's genuine feel. The cast does not appear to be acting on studio sets. It feels very genuine. Nick Hornby also did a very good job with the screen adaptation. With a few minor changes the movie is very faithful to Colm Toibin's novel of the same title upon which the movie is based. Basically it is the total opposite of the terrible 2018 film adaption of "Annihilation" starring Academy Award winner Natalie Portman. There were a few times I had difficulty understanding Jim Broadbent because he is very soft spoken in the movie and talks rather fast at times. That is really the only criticism I have of the movie for the most part. If you decide to see "Brooklyn" you are not in for a truly great movie, but rather one that is very entertaining and a movie I think you will enjoy.

• Jul 05, 2021

A classy movie but gets a bit too romantic/schmaltzy as the movie progresses for my taste.

• Jul 03, 2021

Not much happens. Decent acting. Doesn't give you a feel of Brooklyn or take place in the streets of Brooklyn hardly at all. It's not a bad movie but it's farm from being good. To me it was just there....kinda meh

• May 12, 2021

Muy buena la peli,una linda historia 7/10

Muy buena la peli,una linda historia 7/10

• Feb 12, 2021

2021-2-13 So the girl left her homeland for a better life, got a job, had the best two elders taking care of her living and sending her to classes, and married to a decent Italian guy. Then she went back to Ireland for a month because her sister died. In this month she caught up with old friends, and met a charming guy from childhood. Got threatened(?) by the old lady from the grocery store when she was about to cheat on her newly married husband, and then she went back to Brooklyn. Well, sorry, I'm not so into this kind of stories even though they made it looks beautiful :) The Italian guy's 8-year-old brother is the cutest.

• Jan 22, 2021

Glorious and sentimental, in a very good way

Glorious and sentimental, in a very good way

• Jan 20, 2021

The costumes and the depiction of the time placed in the film are extremely well done, the only problem is that "Brooklyn" could have been counted in less time

• Jan 01, 2021

Nothing really happens to this dull characters.

Nothing really happens to this dull characters.