Brooklyn Reviews

• Sep 05, 2019

The movie is amaizing, have a special story, really cool actors and perfect landscapes. the movie required many diferent locations to take pictures, and to be recorded. the director was directed by John Crowley and stared by( one of my favorites actres) Saoirse Ronan. The movie has been nominated to best picture, best adapted screenplay and best actress, for the 88th Academy Awards. if you want to cry, and you use to enjoy the happy endings you should whatch this amaizing movie based on migration to united states, especific to NY by the irish people. this movie was named one of the best films of 2015... just say.

• Aug 16, 2019

Normally, this isn't my kind of movie. I came away pleasantly surprised. The characters are mostly likable and the acting is incredibly charming. Things like costume design and cinematography were so well done here.

• Aug 05, 2019

A nice and calming living room drama!

A nice and calming living room drama!

• Jul 24, 2019

I think it was a wonderful movie. Heartwarming and educational. But sadly enough, I haven't seen much talking about Tony. In my eyes, he seems like a manipulative person who has pushed Eilis into lots of stuff; from saying 'I love you' to marrying him, even though she told him not to push her. There were so many negative points thrown his way throughout the movie, so I don't feel like I'm making up his behaviour, and I hoped that the ending would solve the problem, but what I saw is her admitting to him, even though she clearly didn't want to read his letters nor talk about him to her friends and her mother. When someone's in love and just got married, they would scream their lungs out to everyone they meet and be head over heels. She didn't seem that way and I found it so sad that it didn't get resolved. But I can be completely wrong, though. Overall it's a good movie with very good performances by all the actors, with hilarious scenes on one side with more sad ones in between.

• Jul 18, 2019

It is kinda boring and uninteresting, but the cast gives some top notch performances that are worthy to watch.

• Jul 16, 2019

Really touching romantic coming of age story.

Really touching romantic coming of age story.

• Jul 06, 2019

Fabulous, fabulous and fabulous. If, like me, you like movies that are character studies and beautiful evocations of a specific place and time...that take the time to develop personality and tensions between the characters, this is a fim you will treasure. Saoirse Ronan is incandescent -- and this film's portrayal is a great example of what brought so very many young Irish to this country in the 1950s. Having lived in Dublin for 2 years in the 1980s, I well recognized the famous Irish "begrudgery" and I had many friends (men and women) who fled the stultifying, claustrophibic culture and poverty of Ireland at that time (I am Catholic, but the church censored almost every film, magazine, etc, coming out of Europe, maing Ireland a total cultural backwater). Ronan's performance is so nuanced, so subtle, her spirit shows through so clearly that this film was rightly hailed as a masterpiece and -- I believe -- always will be.

• Jul 04, 2019

Fantastic film carried by Soarise Ronan’s great performance. A rare movie where where they make history interesting and personal. The audience easily gets invested in our young lovers.

• Jul 02, 2019

In a period where everyone tries to bring home the Golden Trophy, Brooklyn manages to be among those very few that try and succeed without winning anything. A story about a woman's life after immigrating couldn't have better represented the conflict people have when they experience it. It also has rich performances throughout the entire film, a terrific screenplay, great romantic conflicts, and a beautiful orchestration of emotional depth. An amazing film to compare to its seemingly typical love story novel.

• Jun 23, 2019

THESE HOES ARE ACUTALLY LOYAL.

THESE HOES ARE ACUTALLY LOYAL.