The Brothers Bloom Reviews

• Jul 24, 2019

I love it! It's one of the best movies I've ever seen, of course, not in theatres as I was really young. It's just, that seeing these characters have such fictional personalities, it really amazes me. How everything was portrayed- I really am speechless but I could go forever and say stuff about the movie that I love. I love the ending, how everything was planned and yet to us, to Bloom, it didn't seem like it was being set in stone. And yet it was? It's just beautiful.

• Jun 29, 2019

just yuck, dont waste your time

just yuck, dont waste your time

• Jun 21, 2019

My favorite movie of all time.

My favorite movie of all time.

• Jan 04, 2019

I don't like what you've done to Luke Skywalker.

I don't like what you've done to Luke Skywalker.

• Aug 18, 2018

Leave it to Rian Johnson to take an interesting story and good actors and turn it into a trashcan of a film.

• May 22, 2018

The only thing I want is more! Please someday. I love the movie the actors work great together and the story twist and the shots all tickle me.

• Feb 16, 2018

An interesting plot and well-written characters are not enough to make this movie great and it is dragged down by actors without chemistry and humour that falls flat on its face. A Rian Johnson film, that does not feel like a Rian Johnson film, mostly due to the forced comedy and unrealistic, one-sided, cliche-filled characters but ultimately saved by a compelling story.

• Jan 29, 2018

The first 3/4 of the film runs perfectly but then near the end, the director changed things and makes it less sensical. He shows us the scripted ending that makes more sense but was too complicated for us viewers. Bollocks! Their scripted end had issues, but should have remained. The pedophile bit was not all that creepy, and explained why the younger brother hated him so much (not explained in the film). The film ending with the brother playing not hurt and then dying is worse than the scripted ending. Good thing that was in the extras! Rachael is lovely in this.

• Dec 17, 2017

What an incredibly unnecessary movie. Weak and misguided.

What an incredibly unnecessary movie. Weak and misguided.

• Nov 18, 2017

I don't know why, but I always seem to fall for movies that seem untrustworthy, like they might be lying to us at each turn. This especially works when the movie itself is about trust and lies like Brothers Bloom. Ambiguous in its ethics and story, its hyper stylish, hyper beautiful, hyper plotted, and just plain hyper. Sure, it's not quite as deep as it thinks, but it's too much fun for me to be overly bothered by that.