Clash of the Titans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clash of the Titans Reviews

February 10, 2018
I didn't even bother with the remakes. You can't beat Ray Harryhausen. You just can't.
½ February 8, 2018
Perhaps complex with its mythical details, however it's got a sense of fantasy adventure and a lesson to learn about courage in the face of obstacles.
February 8, 2018
The matte shots are distractedly bad.
January 22, 2018
A Mythological Classic for the Ages.
December 6, 2017
A fantastic family friendly film. Love it.
November 27, 2017
Whilst the movie has a certain charm about it, it looks somewhat rough around the edges due in part to some ropey special effects and some less than charismatic characters. Ray Harryhausen has done better stop motion work than this although to be fair some of it is still extremely good, just not his best overall.
½ October 27, 2017
Fun Fantasy film with a simple storyline and some great acting by its cast. A lot has been said about Ray Harryhausen's special effects and they are dated even by 80s standards, but that does add to the charm of the film.

**a note to the parents for the youngsters** - the film is rated PG, but it should technically be rated PG-13 by todays ratings standards. It does have a couple scenes of nudity and the violence albeit fantasy is still a little scary & intense. Just a brief warning.
September 26, 2017
viewed on 24/8/04 (Tues)

I can still remember vividly that I was terrified by the scene of Medusa. Her head of snakes and that green glow from the eyes. I saw the trailer and the promo pictures at the old Orchard theatre and they scared the hell out of me. I have always see this movie as a horror movie.

Of course, when I watch it now, the SFX (more like a stop-motion effects) is so chessy that it is rather laughable. Talking about overcoming your childhood scar.

That chessy special effects run through the movie. The dialogue is also very chessy. But still the entertainment value is very high. Not a dull moment. Seeing them so painstakingly create those larger-than-life visual effects, I wish they had the contemporary computer wizardry. It won't be a bad idea at all if they remake the movie now. I am sure it will be a hit.

Rating: B
½ September 13, 2017
AlthoughThis shows its age in terms of special effects, this is still quite a lot of fun. It's ridiculous story line probably won't show up in the history books, and even has a couple of nods to Star wars. Laurence Olivier looks like he's having the most ridiculous fun time as Zeus.
July 7, 2017
one of the best fantasy films of all time
½ July 7, 2017
The stop-motion special effects are semi-dated, even by '80s standards, but this actually adds to the movie's charm. Additionally, the action is well done, the acting is above average, and the cheesy, campy tone helps make Clash of the Titans an underrated classic.
½ April 30, 2017
The effects aren't going to sit well with millennials and today's jaded audiences, but if you look past that there's a wonderful fantasy tale here.
½ April 14, 2017
This film is clearly riding the Star Wars wave; Bubo the robotic owl... As a mythology movie, Clash of the Titans (1981) is decent. Amongst the plethora of '80s adventure epics though, this just doesn't stand out for me. The special effects have a charming aesthetic but the editing is rough. The bombardment of bare skin also felt a tad much for my tastes.
½ March 17, 2017
Overall this was not a very good film. The acting was bad, and so were the effects. But it was OK.
½ January 26, 2017
Aside from Jason and the Argonauts, this is probably Ray Harryhauson's best film. The Kraken and the owl were the two best executed stop-motion characters. The film is a tad more corny then I remember, but most of the characters are relatable and includes a basic but entertaining story that shows enough more then it tells. Overall, the visual side of Harryhauson in this film I didn't feel was the best looking, but some of the action moments were well worth of a taste and the film itself is a decent classic of mine.
December 31, 2016
This was actually my first time watching this so I don't have any fond memories of watching it as a kid, so I am viewing it with a more critical eye and it just doesn't hold up for me. I love Ray Harryhausen, but the visual effects didn't work for me here, and the acting is terrible. Unfortunately I just couldn't get into this one one. Skip it.
December 21, 2016
Long live this stop-motion animated classic!
December 2, 2016
I can't believe how well this has stood the test of time!1 Excellent Movie, RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
August 12, 2016
2016-08-12 slow pace, shows its age
June 15, 2016
It's the music, the pace is slow and it's classic Harryhausen. More nostalgic than anything.