Clash of the Titans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clash of the Titans Reviews

July 7, 2017
one of the best fantasy films of all time
½ July 7, 2017
The stop-motion special effects are semi-dated, even by '80s standards, but this actually adds to the movie's charm. Additionally, the action is well done, the acting is above average, and the cheesy, campy tone helps make Clash of the Titans an underrated classic.
½ April 30, 2017
The effects aren't going to sit well with millennials and today's jaded audiences, but if you look past that there's a wonderful fantasy tale here.
½ April 14, 2017
This film is clearly riding the Star Wars wave; Bubo the robotic owl... As a mythology movie, Clash of the Titans (1981) is decent. Amongst the plethora of '80s adventure epics though, this just doesn't stand out for me. The special effects have a charming aesthetic but the editing is rough. The bombardment of bare skin also felt a tad much for my tastes.
½ March 17, 2017
Overall this was not a very good film. The acting was bad, and so were the effects. But it was OK.
January 30, 2017
viewed on 24/8/04 (Tues)

I can still remember vividly that I was terrified by the scene of Medusa. Her head of snakes and that green glow from the eyes. I saw the trailer and the promo pictures at the old Orchard theatre and they scared the hell out of me. I have always see this movie as a horror movie.

Of course, when I watch it now, the SFX (more like a stop-motion effects) is so chessy that it is rather laughable. Talking about overcoming your childhood scar.

That chessy special effects run through the movie. The dialogue is also very chessy. But still the entertainment value is very high. Not a dull moment. Seeing them so painstakingly create those larger-than-life visual effects, I wish they had the contemporary computer wizardry. It won't be a bad idea at all if they remake the movie now. I am sure it will be a hit.

Rating: B
½ January 26, 2017
Aside from Jason and the Argonauts, this is probably Ray Harryhauson's best film. The Kraken and the owl were the two best executed stop-motion characters. The film is a tad more corny then I remember, but most of the characters are relatable and includes a basic but entertaining story that shows enough more then it tells. Overall, the visual side of Harryhauson in this film I didn't feel was the best looking, but some of the action moments were well worth of a taste and the film itself is a decent classic of mine.
December 31, 2016
This was actually my first time watching this so I don't have any fond memories of watching it as a kid, so I am viewing it with a more critical eye and it just doesn't hold up for me. I love Ray Harryhausen, but the visual effects didn't work for me here, and the acting is terrible. Unfortunately I just couldn't get into this one one. Skip it.
December 21, 2016
Long live this stop-motion animated classic!
December 2, 2016
I can't believe how well this has stood the test of time!1 Excellent Movie, RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
August 12, 2016
2016-08-12 slow pace, shows its age
June 15, 2016
It's the music, the pace is slow and it's classic Harryhausen. More nostalgic than anything.
May 24, 2016
Consider good special effects from legendary Ray Harryhausen. This movie go on a slow and steady tempo. Zeus (Laurence Olivier) tell Poseidon (Jack Gwillim) to unleash Kraken to kill and destroy the city and people who banish his Earth wife and child Perseus after find out the affair. 20 years passed Perseus (Harry Hamlin) is a fine young man. Calibos the son of Thetis (Maggie Smith) did many bad deeds and is suppose to marry Andromeda (Judi Bowker) who is really beautiful. Zeus punish him turn into hideous form and banish to the swamp. Every night he will summon her dream soul and give her riddles for any man who want to marry her. Perseus who met Ammon (Burgess Meredith) and receive Godly weapons use the invisible helmet to follow her. Next day he solve the riddle and present the chopped hand of Calibos. They were to marry when Thetis statue cracked and she give them 30 days to sacrifice the virgin Andromeda to Kraken or else everyone and the city will be destroy. Calibos abduct Pegasus the flying horse. Perseus and a few brave men venture out to find 3 blind witch who are wise and can tell them how to defeat Kraken. Perseus took their only seeing eye and they say Medusa can defeat Kraken. Zeus order another weapon for Perseus when his helmet is lost in the fight with Calibos and mech owl Bubo is send to assist. Perseus defeat Medusa with wits and bravery and cut her head. Calibos summon scorpions to fight the gang and Perseus killed him for good. Bubo freed Pegasus. He reach in time to defeat Kraken with Medusa head and save Andromeda.
½ May 8, 2016
Today is a bit dated, but still one of a few mythological movies of the time and enjoyable
½ March 28, 2016
I loved this film and it is one of my favorite films of all-time despite the bad effects.
March 18, 2016
Harryhausen's effects look good to me....the green screen effects...not so much. Probably could have looked better with a bigger budget. Being a real attempt at the fantasy genre, its probably lucky to have got the budget it did. Overall a enjoyable fantasy flick with a odd amount of nudity...I guess PG13 wasn't invented yet.
February 25, 2016
Campy fun in your interested in the Greek mythos, but the visual effects are very obnoxious.
½ February 10, 2016
The great creature effects in this film are assisted by welcome adventurous performances from both Harry Hamlin and Burgess Meredith.
January 11, 2016
This is a good, albeit sometimes clumsy, movie adaptation of the Greek myth of Perseus.