Clerks Reviews

• May 29, 2019

With its laidback nature and memorable characters, Clerks is a movie that defines the Gen X people

• May 25, 2019

What An Awesome Way For Kevin Smith's First Movie.

What An Awesome Way For Kevin Smith's First Movie.

• May 09, 2019

Kevin Smith gets a lot out of a limited budget. Those dialogues still sound fresh!

• Apr 12, 2019

55. I understand it's an accomplishment based on what it achieved with what little means it had. It was a good representation of the time period, or of ones own life at that age. But man, the acting was so awful. I think the script boxed the characters into delivering monologues instead of engaging them in conversations.

• Apr 05, 2019

Humor is probably the most subjective thing in film, and when it doesn’t work for you it can be one of the most frustrating things. Clerks was sadly one of those experiences for me. This felt like a movie that a bunch of college guys just threw together based on some of their own personal experiences, and random exaggerated stories they came up with along the way (they were probably pretty high at the time as well.) The whole film is just a bunch of vignettes and I think I could see why they thought it was funny, but I groaning through most of it. The climactic scenes of the film got the most extreme, and while I saw it all coming, it still made me embarrassed to even be watching. That was the kind of comedy I feel is even too lazy for college kids. This is roughly the level of middle school boys joking around. And, as an aside, I also hate the pretentious artsy choice to film in black-and-white with no logical purpose. It feels so pointless, and definitely out of place in this kind of comedy. The bigger problem I had with Clerks was that the characters were all unpleasant. It’s not like there is one virtuous guy in the group who we can sympathize with as he struggles with all his bumbling friends. Even Dante is a moron who can’t figure out his own life, as he bounces from one woman to another and accepts no responsibility for his failures. I won’t even get started on Randal who is just vile in every way. And I think I could find a way to get on board with a bunch of screw ups if they were portrayed well, but the cast is also atrocious. It feels like no one has ever had an acting lesson, and they all deliver their lines worse than people in TV commercials. It’s no wonder that most of these “actors” have remained no-names their entire lives and only seem to work in Kevin Smith movies. I wouldn’t call Clerks one of the worst movies ever made. It has a cohesive structure, and it does a decent job of portraying how mundane some jobs become. However, it failed to even make me chuckle, and is not something that will inspire me to check out more of Kevin Smith’s work.

• Mar 09, 2019

Con il bassissimo budget il film si concentra al cento per cento sulla sua sceneggiatura, che risulta snella, realistica ed esilarante. I dialoghi sono chiaramente il fulcro della pellicola: veloci ed espliciti intrattengono con grande facilita'.

• Mar 07, 2019

Clerks: An entertaining and sharply acted comedy with rich black humor and impressive dialouge.

• Feb 23, 2019

I prefer the style of the Sequel but the budget they had for this they made it work.

• Jan 20, 2019

For as low budget as this is, it is pretty good.

For as low budget as this is, it is pretty good.

• Dec 30, 2018

A quintessential indie cult classic!

A quintessential indie cult classic!