Clerks II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clerks II Reviews

June 20, 2017
Great movie, especially towards the end.
½ June 19, 2017
the mayonnaise dont work again and its too fat...
March 26, 2017
i love this movie in my heart
March 20, 2017
a classic funny and well written
March 20, 2017
It's not often that a sequel stands shoulder to shoulder with it's predecessor, but this is a rare exception. The film takes the characters & gags that little bit further, keeping the audience laughing from start to finish.
½ March 12, 2017
Clerks II delivers on the raunchy humor and clever insight that made the 1994 original a hit, albeit with a little more of a formulaic tune this time around. If you're a fan of Kevin Smith and the original Clerks, you'll have a lot to like here. It probably won't recruit new fans, though.
February 7, 2017
Commodity revelations.
January 24, 2017
Solid follow-up. Really funny at times and love the King Diamond!
January 1, 2017
Extremely funny and surprisingly heartfelt a truly excellent comedy and a worthy sequel to the terrific original.
½ December 5, 2016
Falls far short of the original but if you're a big fan of the first it's worth a watch at least once.
November 23, 2016
My favorite Kevin Smith movie if not one of the best sequels to a comedy I have ever seen!
½ September 9, 2016
"Clerks II" is funny, but disposable, because much like the Quick Stop from the original, much of the perceptiveness of the vulgar sense of humor is sadly absent.
½ September 7, 2016
55%
Saw this on 6/9/16
Occasionally funny mostly due to Randel Graves, but an unnecessary sequel. The Jay and Silent bob jokes fall flat and the characters seem utterly pointless, not to mention that their jokes are nothing but repulsive and obscene. The film could have been better had it been not so predictable.
August 27, 2016
Light and frothy lol
August 27, 2016
Best Kevin Smith movie since Chasing Amy
½ August 26, 2016
The most impressive thing about Clerks II, to me, was that it's just so astoundingly...*competent*. For one, it came out something like 15 years after its scrappy, shoestring budgeted predecessor, and for another, it's directed by Kevin Smith. Don't get me wrong, I'm honestly a big fan of the guy as a personality, but his directorial efforts over the last decade have been extremely disheartening. Clerks II is intentionally episodic, which makes for some hilarious vignettes; at the heart of which mainly lies Randall. Tarantino-esque filthy-but-insightful pop culture appreciation stands out as the most memorable, and newcomer Elias plays a great foil to Randall's anarchic pervert. Jay and Silent Bob make a great return as well, with Jay inexplicably now loving to reenact the "Goodbye Horses" scene from Silence of the Lambs.
Dante's storylines largely fall flat, unfortunately, as he plays the same sad-sack shtick from the original, but with beautiful women throwing themselves at him. Whatever - films tend to need a straight man character, and he's somewhat endearing I suppose.
Overall, a pretty damn good movie, and a lot of fun.
June 26, 2016
Dante and Randal are back and as foul mouthed as ever. This time they're joined by Rosario Dawson as Becky and Trevor Fehrman as Elias.
Side note: I think Kevin Smith did better in color.  I didn't like Clerks that much. I might be the only one.  To the gallows for me!  But my two favorite Smith flicks are Mallrats and Dogma. The Quick Stop burns down and Randal and Dante are left to work at Mooby's (another brilliant Smith invention).  Their boss is traffic stopping beauty Becky (yeah it sure is believable a babe like Dawson works in a fast food joint).  Employee of the Month, Elias makes even the nerdiest geeks look cool with his painful display of his love for all things "Transformer" and LoTR.  Scary.  There were a bit of, pardon the expression, "laugh out loud" moments.  Many which came at the hands of Jay (Jason Mewes, dubbed by Smith as Official Clerks Spirit Bunny) & Silent Bob (Smith).  Smith regulars Jason Lee and Ben Affleck make cameos as well as Lee's "Earl" costar Ethan Suplee.
I enjoyed the dance number and the allusions to Silence of the Lambs and Breakfast Club.  I'm sure there were more I missed.
When Dante's complications arise in the fact of choosing between two babes, Randal reminds us what a "chud" Dante is and why on earth does he always have two chicks pining for him. I asked myself the same thing.
Next, I'm not being very PC about this and maybe I'll go to Hell for it but my absolute favorite part was the "porch monkey" business.  It's funny when people don't know they fucked up.  After the incident Randal claims that's he's "taking it back."  Dante reminds him he's not black.  Randal first attempts to "take it back" by calling a small child "porch monkey."  Priceless.  Alas, Clerks ends the way it began as Randal reminds Dante that he's not even supposed to be here today.
May 31, 2016
A worthy sequel that rubs shoulders with its original counterpart. Great for both fans of Kevin Smith and new comers to his films.
May 13, 2016
A Solid Follow-Up To "Clerks"!
½ May 1, 2016
Kevin Smith's films are better described as romantic comedies with a twist, the twist being pop culture banter and plenty of cock jokes. He's putting himself on the screen (even literally) and tells the stories he'd like to happen to him in real life. It works because it's incredibly honest. Also, here Jeff Anderson knocks it out of the park.