Crooked House Reviews

• Jun 03, 2019

Decent not bad at all!! great camera work

Decent not bad at all!! great camera work

• Apr 01, 2019

My co-workers had spoiled the ending before I watched it, so I am not sure I can give a fair assessment. The tension was missing for me, since I already knew who did it. However, regarding the quality of the other of the movie's elements... this could have gone straight to TV. The performances were really unimpressive here.

• Mar 14, 2019

Fun suspense with intriguing actors and colorful sets!

Fun suspense with intriguing actors and colorful sets!

• Jan 19, 2019

Interesting murder mystery that is well thought out.

Interesting murder mystery that is well thought out.

• Dec 06, 2018

Agatha Christie's "Crooked House" is a gripping tale that will keep you at the edge of your seats most of the time. Only most of the time because the film is oddly paced, moving either too fast or too slow. However, this is compensated for by the captivating performances of the talented cast members and the elaborate mystery that Agatha Christie herself considered one of her personal favorites. I was a bit disappointed by the detective Charles Hayward because his character was flat and static although the flashbacks offered potential. He was also nothing more than a device used to let the audience into the dysfunctional family's lives. Unlike Poirot, he was unable to reach conclusions without having them shoved into his face. I still thoroughly enjoyed the film and would recommend it to anyone who has not read the book. Knowing the twist could diminish the charm of the movie.

• Oct 27, 2018

Being a huge fan of Christie's work and having read the novel, I was very excited to watch this movie especially when considering the cast. Crooked House benefits from strong performances, beautiful sets and costumes, and gripping cinematography that all contribute to a greatly enjoyable experience. The film also stays true to the novel which is a rarity in most book adaptations.

• Oct 23, 2018

What fun to see this overlooked Agatha Christie mystery on the big screen! And with an ensemble that includes Max Irons who keeps a straight face through the extreme dottiness provided by Glenn Close...

• Oct 23, 2018

Mystery and intrigue that kept building until the very end.

Mystery and intrigue that kept building until the very end.

• Oct 21, 2018

Absolutely riveting!

Absolutely riveting!

• Oct 21, 2018

It is memorable for the beautiful visuals and a terrific cast. The plot twists will keep you guessing!