Deathgasm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deathgasm Reviews

September 1, 2018
A bullied high school metalhead guitarist discovers centuries-old sheet music which a Satanic cult has been searching for. The guitarist brings it to his band and upon playing the tune inscribed on the old paper people start to turn into demon-zombies. The metalhead with the help of his nerd friends and a hottie battle the monsters in a bid to return things to normal. This New Zealand horror-comedy contains homages to top-tier 80s/90s horror (Evil Dead, Night of the Demons, Dead Alive/Braindead) and is super gory with genuinely funny moments. The soundtrack only contained two songs I recognized (played by Emperor and Midnight), but was wholly a solid slab of true metal as it introduced me to NZ bands such as Beastwars, Razorwyre, and Bulletbelt. Strangely, there was a lot of false metal (Whitechapel and Trivium, for example) plastered throughout in the form of posters, stickers etc, though the film did help to redeem itself with a mention of Burzum. Certainly worth a watch for any horror fan.
½ July 3, 2018
I guess hollywood can stop making movies now.
July 2, 2018
Not exactly what I would call a funny or even a good movie... watching it was one of the most wasted 2 hours of my life. If I could rate it a zero star i would.
November 4, 2017
It's trashmovie but is fucking awsome
October 11, 2017
This is a film that I came across on Netflix and the name of the film alone grabbed my attention and got me curious about what the film is. This movie a B horror comedy that's very reminiscent of the classic 80s horror films and takes heavy inspiration from the Evil Dead films with its brutal gore to its down right immature but effective comedy to the satire to the way the demons look, talk and act. This movie is pretty good for what it is. The main actors who are all knew to me did a fairly good job in the film. The story itself was the basic save the world from doom after accidentally releasing evil type of plot which makes sense for this film seeing as it parrots and makes fun of those kind of things and cliches. Overall tho it was well worth a watch and it being very heavy with the Evil Dead similarities helped with my enjoyment of the film more seeing as I love that trilogy. 3.5/5
½ October 9, 2017
In between the rampant four-letter words and the occasional partial nudity are likable attempts at humor - some sweet, some saucy.
September 25, 2017
This movie is so fucking great, awesome story, wonderful gore. At its heart it?s a love story
½ September 14, 2017
"When's the Devil's Hour? 3a.m.? Eastern or Pacific? and do demons recognize daylight savings time?"
½ August 29, 2017
A thoroughly enjoyable gore filled B movie!
August 23, 2017
Oh, you don't like Poison, movie? Well, I don't like you.
½ May 6, 2017
Another gore-fest from NZ, that's on par with the early world of Peter Jackson. Good fun if you've the stomach for it!
April 26, 2017
As a metalhead myself, I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Nothing more perfect than zombies and death metal!
½ March 31, 2017
Over the top silly gore fest. Well edited and eccentric humor. Nice practical effects. A little too mindless for me though.
½ March 10, 2017
if you are a normal person, you probably like the gore. if you like metal music, you find dozens of stupid inside jokes, tons of gore and very nice music. the story is bland, the actors are probably more amateurs, but this is not the problem. the problem is: there are the usual slow scenes in the middle, before the finale. as in many other movies, the writer tries to create more runtime. I give 4,5 points, because all the weaknesses of the movie has nothing to do with the feeling of energy,enthusiasm and bloody action scenes. I wish all the people who worked on this fine example of madness a great and satisfying career. please do more movies!
January 29, 2017
Great bloody horror flick
January 16, 2017
Not for everyone. I enjoyed it's quirkiness
½ January 9, 2017
It plays mostly for the laughs, when it's not cliche-ing the genre, but the gore-fest is definitely entertaining, with plenty of fun, great effects, and paying tribute to one of the big names out there, The Evil Dead.
½ December 17, 2016
The metal version of the evil dead. Powerful!
November 24, 2016
Pretty solid thriller flick. Just a movie where you can shut your brain off and veg out. The soundtrack is littered with some decent metal. Some plot elements and plot points were so obviously foreshadowed that the third act is almost fully predicted. With a fun twist ending.