Donnie Darko Reviews

• Jul 16, 2019

The best time travel film after endgame ....93%

The best time travel film after endgame ....93%

• Jul 15, 2019

Watched this for the second time and I still don't know what to make of this movie. I was a kid in the 80's so the soundtrack and the feel of the movie I can relate to. Its not a bad movie but not at the top of my all time favorite list. I thought of the movie Memento in which you gotta read between the lines to figure this out. Never saw Jake in a movie with him so young. I think Jarhead might of been the first movie I saw him in. He's good.

• Jul 08, 2019

it's one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen

it's one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen

• Jul 07, 2019

Absolute favourite movie!

Absolute favourite movie!

• Jul 07, 2019

Whereas Lynch's work is surreal yet lucid, overdetermined yet cogent, Kelly's ambitious attempt at the weird is overstuffed with Import and Meaning to the point of incomprehension, though enjoyable for all the effort nonetheless.

• Jul 05, 2019

(Not a full review) Donnie Darko is a 2001 drama/fantasy directed by Richard Kelly. The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal as a schizophrenic psychopath named Donnie Darko. The concept and direction were both really strong, along with the cinematography, but the acting at points did feel a little off and weird, but then again that was kind of the point. A few of the special effects were quite dated, but it didn't really distract from the experience of the film. The ending of the film I also really liked and thought was done incredibly well, but it did leave me with some unanswered questions. Over all I give it a 8/10

• Jul 02, 2019

Donnie Darko ambitiously delivers an extremely unique and high-concept vision, and manages to stick the landing through confident story-telling and directing.

• Jun 27, 2019

It had a great, layered story that gets in your head and makes you think, I loved it.

• Jun 24, 2019

Wow what an interesting look at the physics of time travel set in the 80s where Donnie sees an image in the face of a person dressed up in a big rabbit suit called frank saying that the world is going to end!

• Jun 22, 2019

Phenomenal. This is one of my favorite movies ever now. Just. Wow. I had chills at the end and had to go back and read to understand some things. It was consistent and just a brilliant work of human imagination. Chills.