Downsizing Reviews

• 45m ago

I don't normally rate films but sometimes a film is so bad it inspires action. I have never seen a film that gets progressively worse as it goes on. It then ends with Matt Damon staring at a guy eating a sausage for a whole minute. That's the ending.

• 2d ago

I wish I could give this negative score. Worse movie i seen on big screen.

I wish I could give this negative score. Worse movie i seen on big screen.

• 4d ago

I loved the start of this movie but it didn't carry it on to the end. At the start I loved the setup, loved the comedy of it, found the idea fascinating actually. When they shrink them down and then scoop them up with spatulas that made me laugh. But it seemed the longer the film went on, the more the original premise seemed to have been either forgotten or confused. What started out as a dig at people's consumerism could have turned into a real winner on that I think, but it goes down a couple of different pathways and never seemed sure what it was trying to say. I could understand the final scene but it seemed glib - he's helped the guy in the wheelchair have a meal, but that seemed like a let down ending based on the great start. I'd give the start 4.5 stars but the film overall gets a 3.5 because of the ending.

• May 16, 2019

Get ready to cry. It's an uplifting classic, comedy drama that is part Casablanca, part Mr Smith goes to Washington and part magic. The film reminds us that the so called little people in our world who love the world and the people in it the most are the most unstoppable champions. Hong Chau plays Ngoc Tran whose character shines as the real star of the film, possessing a never give up attitude and unbreakable spirit, she overcomes insurmountable odds and lifts Paul, played Matt Damon, from the pit and mentors him into a compassionate world changer.

• May 14, 2019

Starts off interestingly, but story stumbles in the end. Still, nice performance by Hong Chau.

• May 12, 2019

Okay so this is one odd movie. But I like it and it gets so many points across.

Okay so this is one odd movie. But I like it and it gets so many points across.

• May 03, 2019

What a letdown!! The premise is fascinating but the rest of the story is just awful. Anything in the story after he downsizes feels forced, sad, and utterly unlikely. My husband and I kept telling each other it must get better, but alas, no.

• Apr 15, 2019

Would've been better if he had to choose between the two women.

Would've been better if he had to choose between the two women.

• Apr 02, 2019

The first half of this movie was brilliant and I couldn’t wait to see what would happen. Then the second half made me wish it would end as soon as possible. It’s as though the writer lost sight of the message adding quirky characters meant to distract rather than entertain.

• Mar 31, 2019